The 10 best Celine Dion Songs - the ultimate playlist
3 November 2017, 15:47
Celine Dion released her first album back in 1981 when she was just 12 years old and has had an incredible career ever since...
She became a household name when she won the Eurovision Song Content at 20 years old, representing Switzerland with her track 'Ne Partez Pas Sans Moi'.
1. Because You Loved Me (1996)
This song was written by Diane Warren as the theme song to the film Up Close & Personal. It was nominated for three Grammys including Song of the Year, but sadly didn't win any of them.
The song's lyrics revolve around the protagonist thanking a loyal loved one for protecting her throughout her life, and making her who she is today. Warren said that the song was a tribute to her father.
2. All by Myself (1996)
This song was originally released by American artist Eric Carmen in 1975, but was covered by Celine for her album Falling into You. It remains a favourite for all the brokenhearted eating varying amounts of ice cream ever since.
3. It's All Coming Back To Me Now (1996)
This song written by Jim Steinman was inspired by Wuthering Heights and was his attempt to write "the most passionate, romantic song" he could. Originally by Pandora's Box, Meat Loaf wanted to record it for years, and finally released his own version in 2006.
4. Think Twice (1994)
This song topped the charts in the UK and went on to become one of the biggest-selling records of all time. Despite reaching number one across many European countries, it was not a hit in America. It was co-written by King Crimson's Peter Sinfield and Bucks Fizz producer Andy Hill.
5. My Heart Will Go On (1997)Taken from the soundtrack to Titanic, this is Celine's most successful hit so far, and it went to number one all around the world. It won numerous awards including the Oscar for Best Original Song and five Grammys including Song of the Year.
6. Immortality (1998)This song was composed especially for Celine by the Bee Gees and it features the famous trio on backing vocals. It gave Celine and the Gibb brothers yet another top five single in the UK.
7. Falling Into You (1996)This song is a cover of a single by Argentine singer Marie-Claire D'Ubaldo, which was released in 1994. It was a top ten hit in the UK for Celine.
8. The Power Of Love (1994)The original version of this song was a number one for Jennifer Rush in 1984, and was covered by many singers, but none as successfully as Celine Dion. Her take on it went to number one in the States.
9. Tell Him (1997)When Barbra Streisand was reluctant to perform 'I Finally Found Someone' at the 1997 Academy Awards, Celine agreed to step in.
10. Beauty And The Beast (1991)
At this stage of her career, Celine had only just begun to learn English, however, Rene Angelil put her forward for the duet and Alan Menken approved. She sang it with American singer Peabo Bryson, and it was a top ten hit in the UK.