His former WHAM! bandmates gave a beautiful introduction to a musical tribute from Coldplay's Chris Martin.
A Dutch doctor has discovered an exact formula behind songs that cheer us up! Here's the Top 10 most uplifting songs of all time.
They say there is a science behind everything and that's also true of the music that we listen to.
Now a Dutch doctor has come up with an exact formula behind the songs that make us feel good.
Cognitive Neurologist Dr. Jacob Jalij found there are certain things that make a song 'upbeat'.
Some of these factors include positive lyrics, a tempo of 150 beats per minute and also putting the song into a third major key.
Here's his list of top 10 feel good songs from the last 50 years:
- Don't Stop Me Now - Queen
- Dancing Queen - ABBA
- Good Vibrations - The Beach Boys
- Uptown Girl - Billy Joel
- Eye Of The Tiger - Survivor
- I'm A Believer - The Monkees
- Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper
- Livin' On A Prayer - Job Bon Jovi
- I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor
- Walking On Sunshine - Katrina & The Waves
The research was carried out by technology brand Alba and involved Dr Jolij going through 126 songs and getting Brits' feedback on the songs that make them happy.
So if you're looking for a fix of happiness today, see if this does it for you!