A new video has been released in celebration of the singer's 70th birthday AND the 50th anniversary of his songwriting partnership with Bernie Taupin.
A new study has found that Brits listen to Barry White to get in the mood for some romance.
A new study has found that Brits listen to Barry White to get in the mood for some romance. We could have told them that!
Researchers have compiled the ultimate playlist – including songs to listen to on the commute to and from work, at the gym, relaxing and even when going through a break-up.
The Beatles ’ ‘Hey Jude’ is top of the list to get you ready for the day ahead during the journey into work, while Queen ’s ‘Don’t Stop Me Now’ is the song of choice for the commute home from the office while Adele ’s 'Someone Like You' is mostly likely to be played during a break-up.
It also emerged the average adult spends three hours and 23 minutes a day listening to music = the equivalent of almost a day of each week or seven weeks a year.
Shaun Springer, Head of Brand and Sponsorship, for MasterCard UK & Ireland said: “Everyone’s playlist is different but it’s fascinating to know the most common songs which we choose to listen to depending on our moods and motivations throughout the day.
With Brits on average listening to a full day of music each week, we are clearly a nation with eclectic tastes and a passion for music.
Top ten songs to listen to on the commute into work:
1. The Beatles - Hey Jude
2. Dolly Parton - 9-5
3. AC/DC – Highway to Hell
4. Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars - Uptown Funk
5. The Bangles - Manic Monday
6. The Jam - Going Underground
7. Take That - Shine
8. Michael Jackson - Man in the Mirror
9. Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell - Ain’t No Mountain High Enough
10. The Rolling Stones - Start Me Up
Top ten songs to listen to on the way home from work:
1. Queen – Don’t Stop Me Now
2. Fleetwood Mac – Go Your Own Way
3. Snow Patrol – Chasing Cars
4. Black Eyed Peas – Let’s Get It Started
5. Coldplay – Paradise
6. Lily Allen – Smile
7. Prince – Purple Rain
8. Tracey Chapman – Fast Car
9. Calvin Harris – Ready for the Weekend
10. George Ezra – Budapest
Top ten songs to listen to when relaxing
1. The Eagles – Hotel California
2. Adele – Chasing Pavements
3. Sam Smith – Stay With Me
4. Dido – White Flag
5. Oasis – Wonderwall
6. John Legend – All of Me
7. Beethoven – Symphony No. 9: ode to joy
8. Norah Jones – Come Away With Me
9. All Saints – Pure Shores
10. Pink Floyd – Comfortably Numb
Top ten songs to listen to when getting in the mood for romance
1. Barry White – You’re My First, My Last, My Everything
2. James Blunt – You’re Beautiful
3. Marvin Gaye – Sexual Healing
4. Marvin Gaye – Let’s Get It On
5. Lionel Richie – Say You, Say Me
6. Etta James – I Just Want to Make Love To You
7. Donna Summer – Love to Love You Baby
8. Tom Jones – You Can Leave Your Hat On
9. Daft Punk – Get Lucky
10. Pharrell feat Snoop Dogg – Beautiful
Top ten songs to listen to while going through a break-up
1. Adele – Someone Like You
2. Elvis – You Were Always on my Mind
3. U2 – With or Without You
4. Bill Withers – Ain’t No Sunshine (When’s She’s Gone)
5. Sinead O’Connor – Nothing Compares 2U
6. Marvin Gaye – Heard It Through the Grapevine
7. Justin Timberlake – Cry Me A River
8. Joy Division – Love Will Tear Us Apart
9. Toni Braxton – Unbreak My Heart
10. Kelly Clarkson – Because of You