What's in the £100,000 Oscars goody bags?
2 March 2018, 11:54
It's officially Oscars weekend, with the most glamorous night of the year returning on Sunday (March 4).
It's the time for the rich and famous to parade about and make us all feel rather inadequate in comparison, but it's also a time to marvel at just how much money gets spent on the big night.
One of the most fascinating elements is the famous Oscars goody bag, given out to all the VIP guests in attendance. But what is in it this year?
A-list guests will receive £100,000 worth of treats, including actual holidays, jewellery and skincare.
Get ready to be flabbergasted.
The goody bags contain:
- A one week stay at the Koloa Landing resort in Hawaii, which costs £548 per night alone.
- A 'phobia relief' training session, worth £350.
- Dandi Patches - aka anti-sweat patches. Perfect for when you're in the limelight and wanting to avoid awkward photos.
- Edible jewellery from Chocolatines
- Lemonade-flavoured moonshine from Southern Wicked Lemonade
- A 12-night Tanzania trip for two from International Expeditions
- A stay at Avaton Luxury Villas Resort in Halkidiki, Greece
- A week-long spa retreat at Golden Door
- Pepperface, a lightweight pepper spray
- Chao Pinhole Gum Rejuvenation dental procedure
- 23andMe genetic service
- A Luxura Diamonds "conflict-free" necklace
- NeverMissed dating app, available pre-launch
- A 10,000 bowl donation to an animal shelter of their choice and bags of pet food from Halo, Purely For Pets
- MZ Skin firming eye cream and golden treatment mask
- A lifetime supply of Oxygenetix foundation
- Locally-grown oranges, courtesy of delivery app EpiFruit
- A memoir by Esther Fairfax about her mother, Lotte Berk, innovator of Barre
- Healing Saint's skin serum and follicle stimulant
- Jarritos, the Mexican soda
- 10 sessions with personal trainer Alexis Seletzky
- A one-year supply of ALLÉL's skincare program
- Bangarang's Positive Cube, a wooden box filled with 199 cards of positive action and quotes
- Colour-changing lipstick from Blush & Whimsy
- Charleston & Harlow soy candles
- Danish cookbook, Cook Yourself Happy
- Curlee Girlee children's book
- Organic, vegan and small-batch Delicacies lollipops
- Face It and Eye Love It facewash and makeup removers
- Happiest Tee's American-made T-shirts
- Weight loss supplement Hydroxycut Organic
- 10-piece Inception of Beauty makeup set
- Justice for Vets symbolic coin
- An 18-minute phobia-relief session with Kalliope
- LE CÈLINE eyelashes products
- Liwu jewelry from Ireland
- Look Fabulous Forever makeup specially formulated for older women
- My Magic Mud toothpaste, which combines activated coconut shell charcoal and bentonite clay
- M.Y.O cosmetic clutch
- 99 Creative WOWs creativity kit
- Nurse Gigi skin rejuvenation procedures
- Oumere anti-aging skincare
- Paiva Aloe cleanser and mask,
- PETA's cruelty-free bath bombs
- 2 gourmet pretzel gift boxes from Posh Pretzels
- A.I. beauty startup PROVEN's personalised skincare products
- Quincy Herbals detox tea
- Quip's oral care kit
- Commissioned work from Reian Williams Fine Art
- Rouge Maple syrup
- Safi Kilima bracelet with oval tanzanite stones
- Shop Modern Innovations' levitating bluetooth speaker
- The Green Garmento's multi-use Gigantote
- Vaya's Tyffyn lunchboxes
- Totalee hair care products
- Wetsleeve on-the-go hydration sleeve
- Youthblast anti-aging supplement and 24k Gold Facial