This May Bank Holiday weekend sees the much anticipated Three Queens Salute in the company’s ‘spiritual home’ of Liverpool!
Join the crowds at Liverpool’s iconic waterfront for what promises to be the world’s most spectacular gathering. Culture Liverpool and Cunard are bringing Cunard’s fleet – Queen Mary 2, Queen Elizabeth and Queen Victoria – to the River Mersey for the very first time to celebrate Cunard’s 175th anniversary.
For the first time, the Three Cunard Queens – Queen Victoria, Queen Elizabeth and Queen Mary 2 – will sail into Liverpool together as part of the One Magnificent City celebrations - a 7 week programme of events to celebrate Cunard’s 175th Anniversary right here in Liverpool, the company’s “spiritual home”.
This unforgettable spectacular, which is a salute to the company’s spiritual home, will take place during the May bank holiday. The three ships will only be together for a short time on Monday 25 May, but activities will take place across the weekend for all to enjoy.
Events begin on Saturday 23 May at 10.00pm with state of the art projections on the Three Graces exploring the spirit of Liverpool for Amazing Graces. They conclude on Tuesday 26 May at 5.00pm when Queen Victoria sails out of the city.
For further details please visit the One Magnificent City website.
Official Schedule (timings subject to change):
Saturday 23 May
• 10.00pm Amazing Graces projection show
Sunday 24 May
• 9.00am: Queen Mary 2 arrives in the city and berths at Liverpool Cruise Liner Terminal. Flotilla of small boats welcome.
• 10.00pm: ‘Amazing Graces’ digital/light projection show on the Three Graces.
• 10.30pm: Mid-river firework display, off the Pier Head.
Bank Holiday Monday 25 May
• 10.45am: Queen Mary 2 leaves the berth to greet its two sisters at the mouth of the Mersey (the area between Crosby Beach and New Brighton).
• 12.00pm – 2.00pm: Three Queens meet and sail in formation south towards the Liverpool Echo Arena and then north along the Mersey
• 2.10pm: Queen Mary 2 leaves the city. Queen Elizabeth berths at the Cruise Liner Terminal and Queen Victoria anchors in the middle of the Mersey
• 10.00pm: Amazing Graces’ digital/light projection show on the Three Graces
• 10.30pm: Firework display. Following the display, Queen Elizabeth leaves the city and Queen Victoria berths at the Cruise Liner Terminal.
Tuesday 26 May
• 4.30pm: A special musical sail-away performance to say goodbye to Queen Victoria
• 5.00pm: Queen Victoria sails out of the city.
For the latest updates – follow @OMClpool on twitter or like One Magnificent City on Facebook, #3Queens
Here’s more of what we can expect in the coming months.