On Air Now
Smooth Drive Home With John Mellis 4pm - 7pm
In a New York Minute on Smooth Scotland, April 2018
1. The following rules ("Specific Rules") together with the general competition terms and conditions (which can be found at http://www.smoothradio.com//terms-conditions/ (the" Competition Terms and Conditions") of Global (as defined in the Competition Terms and Conditions apply to 'In a New York Minute' radio competition (the "Competition") which will run from 16th April 2018 to 20th April 2018 on Smooth Scotland (the "Radio Station").
2. Anyone who enters the Competition (an "Entrant") will be deemed to have read and accepted the Specific Rules and the Competition Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them.
Details of the Competition:
3. To enter the Competition an Entrant must go online to [website address] and register their details and answer a multiple choice question based on New York. Online entry will open at 0001 on the 16th April 2018 and close at 1559 on the 20th April 2018.
4. From the pool of entrants with the correct answer, one will be selected at random by the Drivetime Show Producer on the 20th April and brought to air.
5. The caller will have 60 seconds on the clock to answer five questions correctly about New York. If they fail to answer all questions correctly we will randomly select another entrant with the correct online answer and bring them to air later in the show and continue to do so until 1900 and an entrant has won.
6. All entrants selected to play on air will be required to talk to the presenter(s) and the conversation will be recorded and played on-air. If the caller fails to answer a return call from Global, is driving at the time of the call and is unable to pull over or cannot continue the call for any reason the call may be terminated and another entrant selected at random.
7. This competition is open to UK residents aged 18 years or over. Proof of age, identity and eligibility will be requested.
8. The winner of the holiday will need a valid passport in order to travel.
9. Entrants must enter as an individual using their own legal name.
10. No persons (including their immediate families) connected with the administration of this competition are eligible to enter.
11. Entry is restricted to one entry per person; duplicate entries will be excluded from the Competition.
FLIGHTS & ACCOMODATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. This competition is open to UK residents aged 18 years or over. Proof of age, identity and eligibility will be requested.
2. No persons, including their immediate families, connected with the administration of this competition and/or employed by Global Radio, Dentsu Aegis or Barrhead Travel are eligible to enter.
3. Competition prize is a holiday for 2 people to New York City including accommodation and return of tickets from EDIN to NYC (JFK airport)
4. The winner will be contacted within 5 days of the closing date.
5. The winner will be given 7 days to respond. If they do not respond within the timeframe, a new winner will be selected.
6. Date of departure is 5th October 2018 from Edinburgh Airport, returning 9th October 2018 to Edinburgh Airport.
7. The prize winners will require a visa for this destination, which they must arrange with the USA Embassy at their own expense.
8. Prize winners (with a UK passport) should have at least 6 months validity on their passport for travel to the USA. Other passports may vary and should be checked by the prize winner.
9. Carry-on & personal item overhead baggage is included (Maximum 1x 5-10 kgs small suitcase and 1 handbag size bag per person)
10. Hold baggage of 23kgs is included per person
11. Selected meals & drinks during the flight are included free of charge
12. Prize includes airport taxes and City Tax in New York City
13. The Prize winners must arrange their own transportation to and from Edinburgh Airport on the 5th and 9th October 2018
14. No airport transfers are included on arrival or departure at NYC (JFK Airport). Taxi or public transportation would have to be paid locally at the expense of the prize winner.
15. Accommodation is included on a room only basis for a twin or double room to be confirmed at time of booking
16. No meals are included in the prize
17. Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for a cash alternative
18. The prize does not include ESTA fees on entry into New York - these are approx $14USD per person.
19. The Prize does not include spending money
20. Prize Winners agree that the Prize Provider Barrhead Travel may use the Prize Winner's name and likeness to administer and promote this competition, and may be required for media interviews and promotional events connected with this competition
21. The prize provider of this competition is Barrhead Travel, registered office: 85 Oswald Street, Glasgow, G1 4PA.
12. Global reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize at its absolute discretion.