Every week on the Great British Songbook, we bring you a featured artist - the very best in British musical talent. Take a look
The Great British Songbook | 6pm - 10pm, Saturdays
About Paul Phear
Join Paul Phear every Saturday night from 8pm with The Great British Songbook. Four hours of the best British music from artists such as The Beatles, Roxy Music and Elton John.
- Paul knew he wanted to be in radio from the age of 13
- Paul has worked as a newspaper photographer, a record shop assistant and for a magic trick manufacturing company
- Paul likes to try his hand at being an amateur magician
- Paul has worked in radio since the early 1980s. So he knows what he is doing!
- Paul has two daughters and is a proud Grandad to Daisy
- Paul loves the theatre, having seen nearly every show in the West End and beyond
- Paul's played one off cameo roles in several West End shows, including An Inspector Calls, The Ladykillers and Spamalot
Join Paul Phear for the Great British Songbook every Saturday from 8pm and every weekday afternoon from 1pm.
The Great British Songbook Artists
Contact Paul Phear
Can’t Help Falling In Love - Elvis or UB40?
Can’t Help Falling In Love: Elvis Presley's original or UB40's reggae cover?
10 Facts You Probably Didn't Know About UB40
They've had more than 50 singles in the UK charts and sold over 70 million records worldwide. Here's what you don't know about UB40...
The 5 Best Dusty Springfield Songs
We've chosen the five best Dusty Springfield songs from the 1960s – with a bit of help from YOU! See which classics made our list.
Spandau Ballet: Do You Know This Much Is TRUE?
Spandau Ballet were one of the key bands in the New Romantic movement of the '80s but how much of a fan are you?
Missed the name of a song on The Great British Songbook show? Check out the playlist!