On Air Now
Smooth Breakfast with Gareth Evans 6am - 10am
3 July 2020, 06:00 | Updated: 24 July 2020, 10:04
Lionel Richie is coming to Nottingham to play a special outdoor concert in the beautiful surroundings of Victoria Embankment.
With a capacity of 18,000, the concert will be one of the largest headline shows the city has seen in decades.
Locals to the area can also benefit from an exclusive pre-sale, with the opportunity to get tickets to the concert a full week ahead of general tickets going on sale. To receive access to the pre-sale, residents can sign up with their email address and an ‘NG’ post-code here.
Tickets go on sale on Friday, July 10 at 10am. Pre-sale tickets for Nottingham locals are available on Friday, July 3. Tickets are priced at £67.50 for general admission and £150.00 for VIP Tickets.
Lionel's music is part of the fabric of pop music; in fact, Richie is one of only two songwriters in history to achieve the honour of having #1 records for nine consecutive years.
He has sold more than 100 million albums worldwide, as well as being the recipient of an Oscar®, a Golden Globe®, four Grammy Awards®, the distinction of MusicCares Person of the Year in 2016, and Kennedy Center Honouree in 2017. He recently received the Ivor Novello PRS for Music Special International Award.
The Tuskegee, Alabama native is a true music icon.
1. The following rules (“Specific Rules”) together with the general competition terms and conditions (which can be found at https://www.smoothradio.com/eastmids/terms-conditions/ (the “ Competition Terms and Conditions”) of Global (as defined in the Competition Terms and Conditions apply to ‘Lionel Richie’ radio competition (the “Competition") which will run from Friday 3rd July 2020 to 9th August 2020 on Smooth East Midlands (the “Radio Station”).
2. Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have read and accepted the Specific Rules and the Competition Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them.
DETAILS OF THE COMPETITION:
3. To enter the Competition an Entrant must go online to https://www.smoothradio.com/eastmids/ and register their details. Online entry will open at 06:00 on Friday 3rd July and close at 23:59 on Sunday 9th August 2020.
4. Entrants must correctly answer a multiple choice question and register their details.
5. From all correct eligible entries, one winner will be selected at random once the Competition has closed and contacted via telephone or email.
6. Entrants must be aged 18 or over.
7. Entry is restricted to one entry per person; duplicate entries will be excluded from the Competition.
8. One winner will be awarded 1 pair of general admission tickets to see Lionel Richie on Friday 11th June 2021 at Victoria Embankment, Nottingham.
9. Winners are responsible for their own travel expenses.
Global reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize at its absolute discretion and there is no cash alternative. Global cannot be held responsible if the event is cancelled or postponed but will seek to obtain tickets of the same type for any re-scheduled date.