On Air Now
The Smooth Sanctuary at 7 with Gary Vincent 7pm - 10pm
5 December 2019, 15:20
It's one of the most played and beloved Christmas songs of all time, but not everyone is a fan it seems.
Mariah Carey's festive classic 'All I Want for Christmas is You' has been voted the most annoying Christmas song of all time in a new poll.
Mobile phone company Huawei carried out the survey, with the 1994 hit beating out Band Aid's 'Do They Know It's Christmas' to the not-so-coveted top spot.
The timeless track remains one of the most-played Christmas songs each year in the UK, and normally re-enters the top 10 every December.
Wizzard’s 'I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday' and Slade’s 'Merry Xmas Everybody' come in at three and four, followed by, shock horror, Wham!'s 'Last Christmas'.
So essentially, it's just a list of the biggest Christmas songs of all time, then? Even 'Fairytale of New York' came in at sixth. What is wrong with people!
The full top 10 is:
1. All I Want for Christmas is You – Mariah Carey
2. Do They Know It’s Christmas? – Band Aid
3. I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday – Wizzard
4. Merry Xmas Everybody – Slade
5. Last Christmas – Wham!
6. Fairytale of New York – The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl
7. Baby It’s Cold Outside – Tom Jones & Cerys Matthews
8. Santa Claus is Coming to Town – Jackson 5
9. Santa Baby – Eartha Kitt
10. Jingle Bells – Andrews Sisters
While you're here, make sure to vote in our annual poll to find the UK's favourite Christmas song!