Great Musicians' Famous Last Words
From the poignant to the weird, discover the great musicians’ last words.
1. Barry White (12 September 1944 - 04 July 2003)
Barry White spoke his final words to a nurse at the hospital in which he was being treated for renal failure.
2. James Brown (03 May 1933 - 25 December 2006)
James Brown spoken his final words to his longtime personal manager Charles Bobbitt.
3. Marvin Gaye (02 April 1939 - 01 April 1984)
A sad ending for an incredible star. After a heated family argument, Gaye delivered these words to his mother: Marvin Gaye Senior responded by shooting his son.
4. Jimi Hendrix (27 November 1942 – 18 September 1970)
Hendrix reportedly left this voicemail on his manager’s answerphone on the day he died.
5. Bing Crosby (03 May 1903 - 14 October 1977)
Crosby said this to friends after playing 18 holes - 20 minutes later, he suffered a fatal heart attack. A doctor had previously advised he play no more than nine holes due to a heart condition.
6. George Harrison (25 February 1943 - 29 November 2001)
Recorded by his wife, Olivia.
7. Elvis Presley (08 January 1935 - 16 August 1977)
In her 2014 memoir, Elvis’s fiancée at the time of his death, Ginger Alden revealed his final words.