On Air Now
The Smooth Late Show with Martin Collins 10pm - 1am
10 June 2019, 17:03 | Updated: 11 June 2019, 15:12
The French Open is over, which means Wimbledon is just around the corner...
And we have a ticket giveaway to a very special event: Wimbledon Rematch 1980.
This is your chance to go back in time and experience everything as if you were there in 1980: the fashion, the food, the music, and, of course, the tennis!
It was that summer when Bjorn Borg and John McEnroe faced off for probably the greatest tennis match of all time. And you can see that match again – with a Pimm’s, obviously!
After an 1980s immersion experience, guests will then be able to relive the 1980 Gentlemen’s Final in a totally new, immersive and unique way.
The event takes place across five separate sessions in June, on Friday 28, Saturday 29 and Sunday 30, at Wembley’s Troubadour Theatre.
To win tickets on Smooth, make sure you're listening to the Smooth Drive Home from 4 to 7pm all week on Smooth London. Keep listening out for a tennis-themed question, and text in your answer.
All correct answers will be entered into a draw for five pairs of tickets each day, with the last draw taking place on Friday (June 14).
If you miss out on winning tickets with Smooth, then head over here to buy tickets and get more information.
Full terms and conditions:
1. The following rules (“Specific Rules”) together with the general competition terms and conditions (which can be found at Smoothradio.com) (the “Competition Terms and Conditions”) of Global (as defined in the Competition Terms and Conditions) apply to ‘Wimbledon Rematch 1980’ radio competition (the “Competition") which will run from Tuesday 11th June 2019 to Friday 14th June 2019 on Smooth Radio (the “Radio Station”).
2. Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have read and accepted the Specific Rules and the Competition Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them.
Details of the Competition:
3. To enter the Competition an Entrant must:
Text 65588 and answer a question. The game will be played on-air between 4pm and 7pm each day of the competition. The entry text lines will open when the presenter indicates, and close five minutes later.
4. Five winners will be selected at random each day from all of the eligible entries after the closing time of the Competition. All twenty winners will be notified by email by the end of Monday 17th June.
5. Entrants must be aged 18 or over.
6. Entry is restricted to one entry per person; duplicate entries will be excluded from the Competition.
7. Twenty winners will each receive a pair of VIP tickets to go to Wimbledon Rematch 1980 at the Troubadour Wembley Park Theatre on Saturday 29th June 2019. Each ticket grants priority admission with access to a reserved seating block with preferred viewing, access to the VIP bar and one free glass of champagne or soft drink. Doors open at 18:30 and the event finishes at 23:00. Travel, accommodation, food and additional drinks are not included as part of this prize. Winners will receive their tickets by mail.
8. Global reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize at its absolute discretion.
9. The prize is non-transferable and non-refundable.