On Air Now
Smooth Breakfast with Jenni Falconer 6am - 10am
14 February 2020, 17:42 | Updated: 23 December 2020, 11:07
Who is the Octopus on The Masked Singer? And which celebrity sings opera? Here's all the clues and theories for the star behind the mask.
The Masked Singer has reached it's final and one of the biggest mysteries is who is the celebrity behind the Octopus mask?
So who is the Octopus? Here's everything you need to know:
If you're looking to know who the Octopus is from their song choices, it won't be an easy challenge. They've sang Part of Your World from The Little Mermaid, Splish Splash by Bobby Darin and Diamonds Are Forever by Shirley Bassey.
- Might have an American accent
- Is always 'on the go'
- Has experience of the catwalk, and wants to be a 'role model' to kids
- Loves weight / wait training
- Signed a record-breaking deal
- Maybe Australian? – Linked to Jason Donovan during Neighbours
- Linked to The Apprentice
Guesses have included a mixture of models and singers (or both), including Cara Delevingne, Ashley Roberts, Courtney Act, Lucie Jones, Lea Michele and Nicole Scherzinger.
Many signs point to Ashley Roberts, with the 'catwalk' clue possibly pointing towards her Pussycat Dolls days, while she also once starred in the musical Waitress. Other ideas include Sheree Murphy and Katherine Jenkins after the Octopus sang opera.
The full list of Masked Singers are:
- Butterfly (revealed as Patsy Palmer in episode 1)
- Pharaoh (revealed as Alan Johnson in episode 2)
- Chameleon (revealed as Justin Hawkins in episode 3)
- Tree (revealed as Terry Sheringham in episode 4)
- Daisy (revealed as Kelis in episode 5)
- Fox (revealed as Denise Van Outen)
- Duck (revealed as Skin)
- Unicorn (revealed as Jake Shears)
- Monster (revealed as Ceelo Green)
12 celebrities compete on the show anonymously, all wearing costumes, over 10 episodes.
Each episode, some of the competitors are paired off into face-off competitions, where each will perform a song of their choice.
From each face-off, the panelists and live audience vote. The winner is safe for the week, while the loser is put up for elimination.
At the end of the episode, the losers of the face-offs are then put to the earlier votes of the panelists, to discover who will head home. The eliminated singer then takes off their mask to reveal their real identity.
Hints are also given to each masked singer's identity during the show. The panelists are given time to guess the identity of the singer after the performance, and ask them a single question.
Former I'm a Celebrity star Joel Dommett will host the UK version, which launched on ITV on Saturday, January 4 at 7pm.
The four judges will be: Jonathan Ross, Rita Ora, Davina McCall, and Ken Jeong from the US version.