Win tickets to the Beautiful South's Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott UK tour
2 December 2022, 09:00
Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott have announced an autumn UK tour, including some of the biggest shows they have ever played as a duo.
The former Beautiful South members will be joined by special guest Billy Bragg at all shows.
Dates include London's O2 Arena, Manchester's AO Arena and Sheffield's Utilita Arena, and you can now win a pair of tickets to the venue of your choice: London, Manchester, Birmingham, or Nottingham.
To enter, just fill in the form below.
Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott on Smooth, December 2022 - Specific Rules
1. The Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott promotion (‘Promotion’) is organised by Global (as defined in the General Terms and Conditions). The Promotion will run from Friday 2nd December to Sunday 4th December on Smooth. Global is the Promoter. The ‘Promotion Partner’ mentioned in these Specific Rules is SJM Concerts.
2. IMPORTANT: The Promotion is subject to these Specific Rules and the General Terms and Conditions which are available here (together, the ‘Promotion Terms and Conditions’). Entry into the Promotion constitutes acceptance of these Specific Rules and the General Terms and Conditions.
Details of the Promotion:
3. To enter the Promotion, you must go online to the Promotion entry page at smoothradio.com/win], register your details and submit an answer to the multiple choice question provided. lIsteners must also select the venue they are entering to win tickets for. There will be one pair of ticekts available for each venue,
4. Online entry will open at 09.00on 02/12/2022and close at 23.59 on 04/12/2022. Entries received before or after this time will not be included in the Promotion.
5. Within 10 hours of the closing time of the Promotion, all eligible entries will be entered into a draw. [One] correct entry will be selected for each venue at random and the winning entrant[s] will be contacted by one of our representatives via [email OR telephone on the telephone number on which you entered]. If such winner does not respond within 12 hours from being contacted, they will forfeit their right to the prize and we shall be entitled to select another winner by another random draw. That subsequent winner must respond to the notification email within 12 hours on the date on which they are notified, or they will also forfeit the prize.
6. We and the Promotion Partner may publish and publicise your name, image, social media handle and/or profile picture, your nearest geographical location (for example, your nearest city, town or county) and your entry], and we may refer to your [and any applicable third party’s (for example a guest/travel companion)] association with the Promotion and/or the prize, in any and all media, worldwide, in perpetuity, for publicity and PR purposes solely in connection with the Promotion.
7. In relation to winners (and runners up if applicable), you understand that we and our Promotion Partner may: (i) interview you and your guest(s)/travel companion(s) which we may film, photograph and/or record and; (ii) film, photograph and/or record, you and your guest(s)/travel companion(s) in connection with the Promotion, either by telephone or in person, and we may use such films, recordings and/or photographs for publicity and PR purposes in any and all media, worldwide, as often and for as long as we consider appropriate or desirable, in connection with the Promotion. We may also publish your and your guest(s)/travel companion(s) name, image, social media handle and/or profile picture.
8. The Promotion is only open to residents of the UK aged 18 and over, and who are based in the UK at the time of entry.
9. Entry is restricted to one entry per person; duplicate entries will be excluded from the Promotion.
10. Four winning entrants will each receive 1 pair of tickets to Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott.On entering the competition listeners will choose which venue they are entering to win tickets for.
· 1 pair of tickets to see Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott on Tuesday 6thDecember 2022 at Nottingham Motorpoint Arena
· 1 pair of tickets to see Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott on Thursday 8thDecember 2022 at Birmingham Resorts World Arena.
· 1 pair of tickets to see Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott on Saturday 10thDecember at Manchester AO Arena
· 1 pair of tickets to see Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott on Saturday 17thDecember at London the O2.
12. You must, at your own cost, comply with all necessary checks, and/or tests required for travelling to and from and entering and exiting your travel destination/venue. This includes, but is not limited to, purchasing, organising, undertaking, recording and/or registering any required Covid-19 tests. We will not be responsible for any costs incurred by you in complying with this clause, nor will we purchase, organise, undertake, record and/or register any required Covid-19 tests.
13. You must comply with all applicable rules, regulations and guidance relating to Covid-19, both in the UK and your travel destination/venue. We are not responsible for your failure to comply with such rules, regulations and guidance.
14. You acknowledge and agree that, without limitation to the provisions of Clause 12 of the General Terms & Conditions, our ability to fulfil a prize and/or perform any of our obligations under the Promotion Terms and Conditions could be affected by an actual or threatened epidemic, pandemic, disease or quarantine and/or any corresponding governmental action, guidance and/or ruling (including but not limited to any Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office guidance) (collectively ‘Covid Measures’).
15. Any other costs and expenses which are not specifically included in the prize description are excluded and will be the sole responsibility of the winner. By way of example, without limitation, transport is not included within the prize.
16. The prize is non-transferable and non-refundable
17. We reserve the right to substitute the prize with another prize of equal or greater value at our absolute discretion.
18. For all enquiries in connection with the Promotion please contact our customer support team at https://global.com/contact/.
19. Your personal data that you provide to us will be collected and processed by us, our licensees (including Communicorp UK Limited) and our Promotion Partner as well as the prize providers, and if applicable, our service providers, network operators and suppliers in order to administer and fulfil the Promotion. Your personal data may also be disclosed to the Phone-paid Services Authority, Ofcom and/or the Advertising Standards Authority at their reasonable request for regulatory purposes, for example, in order to prevent, investigate and detect crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and comply with law enforcement agencies and applicable advertising codes.
22. We, our Promotion Partner and the prize providers may transfer and process personal data outside of the EEA and UK for the purposes of administering the Promotion. Where any transfers are made outside of the EEA or UK we and the Promotion Partner will ensure appropriate safeguards to protect your personal data are in place.
23. We will hold your personal data for a period of up to 3 years in order to comply with our regulatory obligations.
24. You may request the removal of your personal details from our database by contacting email@example.com. If you request that your personal details be removed prior to the conclusion of a Promotion, you will forfeit your right to enter the Promotion and/or claim any prize and we reserve the right to select another entrant to participate in the Promotion or withdraw the prize and select another winner, as applicable.
Please ensure that this description is exactly as in the agreement with the prize provider
Please contact the compliance manager if you need any advice or if the competition/mechanic is complicated.
Tickets for Paul and Jacqui’s tour dates will remain at £30, and will be available at 9.30am on Thursday, September 1 here.
The full dates are:
26: SWANSEA Arena
27: LLANDUDNO Cymru Arena
28: BLACKPOOL Opera House
1: BRIDLINGTON Spa
2: GLASGOW OVO Hydro
3: STOCKTON Globe
5: PORTSMOUTH Guildhall
6: NOTTINGHAM Motorpoint Arena
8: BIRMINGHAM Resorts World Arena
9: SHEFFIELD Utilita Arena
10: MANCHESTER AO Arena
17: LONDON The O2
Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott’s new album N.K-Pop is released on October 7, including the recent singles ‘Still’ and ‘Too Much For One (Not Enough For Two)'. Their previous album Manchester Calling was a number one success in March 2020.
Former Housemartins star Paul Heaton created The Beautiful South in 1988, and they released 10 successful albums until their split in 2007. Jacqui Abbott was the band's lead vocalist from 1994 to 2000.