Greggs is hosting candlelit dinners for couples on Valentine's Day
30 January 2018, 17:06
Valentine's Day is either one of your most favourite days of the year, or one of your most hated. Whether you're in a relationship or not.
But chuck in a sausage roll or two and you're surely going to turn even the biggest Valentine's haters into a die hard romantic. No? Just us?
Well, Greggs is deciding to get all loved up by opening a select number of their stores for Valentine's Day so that couples can have a "romantic candlelit dinner".
You can book this glorious evening via Open Table from February 7.
"We’re transforming selected shops into restaurants designed for romance, complete with mood lighting and music, roses, candles and linen tablecloths," Greggs says. "Instead of ordering at the till, couples will receive first class table service in our take on a ‘fine dining’ Greggs experience."
Linen = fine dining.
For £15 you'll both get a four-course set meal and a bottle of Prosecco. Sounds good to us. Here's what you can get:
- Starter: A composition of canapés - seasoned pork and puff pastry slider, steak & blue cheese en croute, katsu tortilla wrap, Mexican chicken chipotle spoon, béchamel toasted honey cured ham square and tomato gazpacho
- Main: Your choice of signature Greggs puff pastry parcel, freshly baked to order, accompanied by oven roasted spiced potato slices and a garnish of fresh Apollo and spinach leaves and sunblush tomatoes
- Dessert: A brochette of miniature doughnuts paired with a rich butterscotch flavoured dipping sauce
- Petits Fours and Coffee: Belgian dark chocolate brownie, raspberry and almond bite and caramel shortbread. Accompanied by freshly ground Fairtrade coffee made using our own unique blend of mild Arabica beans from Peru and Colombia and rich tasting Robusta beans from Tanzania
And the stores taking part:
- London (Stockwell, Clapham Road)
- Manchester (City Tower)
- Glasgow (Argyle Street)
- Newcastle (Grainger Street)
- Cardiff (Queen Street)