This is why you shouldn't bite into a smartphone battery

24 January 2018, 12:50

Battery explosion

You'd think it would be obvious to not attempt to but a smartphone battery in your mouth, let alone bite it.

But a customer in an electronics store found out the hard way why it’s a totally stupid idea.

Apparently, the man bit down on one to see if it was the real product, as if it were a gold coin.

However, biting lithium-ion batteries resulted in an explosion that was captured on CCTV cameras and shared more than four million times on Chinese video-sharing platform Miaopai.

Taiwan News has said that the incident occurred on January 19. However, it’s not clear if the battery exploded because it’s a fake, or because the man bit too far into it.

Don't try this at home. Well, duh.