On Air Now
The Smooth Late Show with Danny Pietroni 10pm - 12am
Will Young's 'Evergreen' is the best-selling single of 21st century so far. Find out who made up the Top 20.
Will Young's Pop Idol winner's single, 'Evergreen' is the best-selling single of the 21st century, according to the Official Charts Company.
The singer's double A-side single 'Evergreen' and 'Anything Is Possible' was released in February 2002, and went on to sell over 1.8 million copies in the UK.
Standing at number two is Adele's 2011 hit 'Someone Like You', with sales of 1.34m. Gareth Gates is at three with 'Unchained Melody', which sold 1.43m units.
The Top 20 best-selling singles of the 21st Century are as follows:
1. Will Young: 'Anything Is Possible'/'Evergreen'
2. Adele: 'Someone Like You'
3. Gareth Gates: 'Unchained Melody'
4. Black Eyed Peas: 'I Gotta Feeling'
5. Shaggy ft. RikRok: 'It Wasn't Me'
6. Maroon 5 ft. Christina Aguilera: 'Moves Like Jagger'
7. Tony Christie ft. Peter Kay: '(Is This The Way To) Amarillo'
8. Alexandra Burke: 'Hallelujah'
9. Kings Of Leon: 'Sex on Fire'
10. Band Aid 20: 'Do They Know It's Christmas?'
11. Kylie Minogue: 'Can't Get You Out Of My Head'
12. Bruno Mars: 'Just The Way You Are'
13. Rihanna ft. Calvin Harris: 'We Found Love'
14. Lady GaGa: 'Poker Face'
15. Shayne Ward: 'That's My Goal'
16. LMFAO: 'Party Rock Anthem'
17. Hear'Say: 'Pure and Simple'
18. Jessie J ft. B.o.B: 'Price Tag'
19. Eminem ft. Rihanna: 'Love The Way You Lie'
20. Rihanna: 'Only Girl (In The World)'