Polar Express Competeition T&C's
1. The following rules (“Rules”) together with Global Charities ("Global Charities") general and competition terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) (which can be found at www.makesomenoise.com/terms-conditions/ ) apply to the ‘Global’s Make Some Noise Text Competitions’ ("the Competition") as detailed in the Rules.
2. The "Radio Station" advertising the competition is Smooth Radio.
3. Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have understood these Rules along with the Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them. The Terms and Conditions are available on request from Global Charities.
Details of the competition:
4. To enter the Competition an Entrant must send a text message with the relevant keyword to one of the following radio stations shortcodes SMOOTH NORTH EAST 65588 (POLAR) (the “Text Message Line”). Text messages will be charged at standard network rate. If you text after the closing time you will not be entered but may still be charged. The Text Message Line will open at 22:00 on 10TH October 2019 (the “Opening Time”) and close at 23:00 on 1st November 2019 (the “Closing Time”).
5. After entering the Competition, participants will receive a bounceback text message informing them that a voluntary donation to Global’s Make Some Noise (registered charity 1091657 (England & Wales) & SC041475 (Scotland)) of £3 will be taken automatically, unless they text the word CANCEL as instructed. The £3 donation will be taken an hour (60 minutes) after the time the first text was received from the mobile phone used to enter the Competition, and 100% of the donation will go to Global’s Make Some Noise.
6. For the avoidance of doubt, you do not need to donate in order to be eligible for entry to the competition. Anyone who texts CANCEL as instructed in the first bounceback message and thereby opts out of donating £3 to Global’s Make Some Noise will still be included in the prize draw.
7. After the Closing Time of the competition, an eligible winning Entrant will be selected at random from all eligible entries and will be notified that they have won using the number of the phone that their text entry was sent from. The winner may be required to answer their phone, talk to the presenter/s and a call recorded with the presenter/s and played on-air. 3 attempts to contact the winner will be made during the week of 1st November 2019 to 8th November 2019. If the Entrant does not respond during this week, they will forfeit the chance to win the prize and another Entrant will be selected in the same manner. Unsuccessful Entrants will not be contacted.
8. You must be 18 or over to enter the Competition and at least one member of the party must be 21 or over.
9. You must enter from a UK mobile.
10. You can enter up to 10 times only, however you must text CANCEL as instructed after each entry to opt out of donating £3 to Global’s Make Some Noise.
11. The winning Entrants guests must also meet Global’s eligibility criteria, namely that they are not excluded from entering Global’s competitions as per the general competition terms and conditions.
11. 1x family premium ticket for 2 adults and 2 children on the Polar Express train ride at Wensleydale Railway on Friday 6th December at 6:10pm, you are advised to arrive at the Park and Ride at Leeming Bar Services at least 45 minutes before your departure time. Overnight stay at Harrogate Lifestyle Apartments on the same day.
£60 voucher to spend in Betty’s Tea Rooms Harrograte.
12. No substitute prizes or cash alternatives are available.
13. The prize is non-transferable.
Specific prize terms:
- The premium family ticket for the Polar Express Experience is for two adults and two children
- For the train journey, children are classed as 15 and under
-You are advised to arrive at the Park and Ride at Leeming Bar Services DL81DT at least 45 minutes before your journey time of 6:10pm
-The train journey last approximately one hour
-Allow time to visit Santa’s workshop afterwards
-Premium ticket holders receive a freshly baked cookie and hot chocolate in a Polar Express disposable cup
-Premium Ticket holders will also receive a Souvenir Ceramic Mug to take home and a ‘Silver’ Sleigh Bell from Santa
- Betty’s Tea Room Voucher is valid for 18 months from the date of issue. It is a £60 voucher and cannot be used in conjunction with any special offer.
- The Polar Express Experience is valid for travel at 18.10 on December 6th 2019 only.
-The overnight stay is valid on Friday 6th December only.
- Overnight stay is in a 2 bedroom apartment for a family of 4 in a Luxury 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom apartment (sleeps 4) https://harrogatelifestyleapartments.com/serviced-apartments/two-bedroom-one-bathroom-apartment-sleeps-4/
-The prize winner and their adult guest must be 18 or over and at least one member of the party, either the adult guest or the winner, must be 21 or over to stay at the Harrogate Lifestyle Apartments.
-The content of the prize may be subject to change and/or substituted with a prize of equal or greater value.
-We require winner name, contact number, postal address & email to facilitate the prize.
-Due to the nature of prize donations, please be aware that it can take several weeks to confirm dates.
-Not for resale, not transferable, there is no cash alternative.
-This is a charity competition and as such no refunds are given.
The Promoters are Global, registered with Phone-paid Services Authority (ORG832-96388-41101) and Global Charities, registered with Phone-paid Services Authority
Service Provider: Global Radio Services Ltd., 30 Leicester Square, London, WC2H 7LA. If you are having problems using our text entry service or feel a donation has been taken from your bill unfairly, please have a look at our FAQs or alternatively contact our customer helpline on 0333 200 2000.