10k Plays (November 2018)
2 November 2018, 10:49 | Updated: 5 November 2018, 09:13
“Smooth’s £10k Plays” across the Smooth Network, November 2018
1. The following rules (“Specific Rules”) together with the general competition terms and conditions (which can be found at http://www.smoothradio.com/terms-conditions/competition) (the “Competition Terms and Conditions”) of Global as defined in the Competition Terms and Conditions apply to “Smooth’s £10k Plays” radio competition (the “Competition”) which will run from Monday 5th November 2018 to Friday 23rd November 2018 (the “Duration”) across the Smooth Network (the “Radio Station”).
2. Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have read and accepted the Specific Rules and the Competition Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them.
Details of the Competition:
3. Listeners will be required to identify a song played on Smooth Radio as directed by the presenter(s) on-air and text in during the duration of the song.
4. To enter the Competition an Entrant must send a text message starting with the word PLAY followed by their name to 65588 (the “Text Message Line”) within the opening and closing times of the Competition. Text messages will be charged at £1.50 plus standard network rates.
5. The opening and closing times of the competition will be given on-air by the presenter(s). If listeners text after the closing time, they will not be entered but they may still be charged. Global Radio is not responsible for any latency experienced by your mobile phone network, which may delay the delivery of your text message to us.
6. After the closing time, one entrant will be selected at random from all of the entries received during the valid entry period and their name will be read out on-air. If their answer is incorrect (i.e. they didn’t text during the song), OR they fail to answer a call from Global within three attempts, another Entrant will be selected at random until an Entrant who entered with the correct answer is selected, a winner is decided, and prize for the Competition awarded. The winner will be contacted by Smooth’s production team within 7 days of the end of the competition round.
7. At the end of the week, all entrants who entered during the week will be entered into a ‘grand prize draw’ to win £10,000. If their answer is incorrect (i.e. they didn’t text during the song), OR they fail to answer a call from Global within 3 attempts, another Entrant will be selected at random until an Entrant who entered with the correct answer is selected, a winner is decided, and prize for the Competition awarded.
8. All Entrants selected to play on air may be required to talk to the presenter(s) and the conversation may be recorded and played on-air. If the caller fails to answer a return call from Global, is driving at the time of the call and unable to pull over, cannot continue the call for any reason or the phone line is not of suitable quality for broadcast (at the discretion of the producer), the call may be terminated, and another Entrant selected at random. The Producer’s decision is final.
9. When you enter the competition, you will receive a text message that invites you to take part in our 3-for-2 offer, whereby if you enter a second time within the same competition round, you will receive an additional entry into that competition round at no extra cost. The additional entry will be automatically included once you enter for the second time and you will not need to text again to claim this. If you do text for a third time, the cycle recommences and you will be charged again.
10. The number of rounds played each day is flexible and will be decided at the discretion of Smooth. There will be a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 6 competition rounds each weekday. Competition rounds will be announced in advance by the presenter(s) on-air. Smooth reserves the right to take the game off air for bank holidays, or at other times when programming output requires it.
11. For the avoidance of doubt, each competition round is a separate round and the text system will be re-set after each round.
12. Entrants must be aged 18 or over.
13. You can enter each round of the competition a maximum of 10 times (excluding any free entries). We strongly advise against excessive use.
14. Entrants must have a bank account, as the grand prize will be paid via cheque or bank transfer.
15. The prize for each competition round is a Smooth Radio-branded white Amazon Echo Plus.
16. The prize for the weekly grand prize draw is a cash prize of £10,000 paid by either cheque or Bank Transfer.
17. The winner of the grand prize draw must provide their bank details as directed.
18. The prize is non-transferrable and cash alternatives are not available for the individual round prizes.
19. Global reserves the right to change the prize or part of it at any time.
SP: Global Radio Services Ltd, 30 Leicester Square, WC2H 7LA. If you are having problems using our text entry service please have a look at our FAQs or alternatively contact our customer helpline on 03333 212196.