On Air Now
The Smooth Sanctuary With Paul Phear 6pm - 10pm
4 January 2019, 15:43 | Updated: 25 January 2019, 23:34
“Smooth’s January Payday” across the Smooth Network, January 2019.
1. The following rules (“Specific Rules”) together with the general competition terms and conditions (which can be found at http://www.smoothradio.com/terms-conditions/competition) (the “Competition Terms and Conditions”) of Global as defined in the Competition Terms and Conditions apply to “Smooth’s Christmas Paydays” radio competition (the “Competition”) which will run from Monday 7th January 2019 to Friday 25th January 2019 (the “Duration”) across the Smooth Network (the “Radio Station”).
2. Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have read and accepted the Specific Rules and the Competition Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them.
Details of the Competition:
3. Listeners will be required to identify the missing lyric of a song clip as directed by the presenter(s) on-air, and text in with their answer.
4. The song clip and therefore the lyric to identify within it will come from the Smooth-playlisted versions of each song
5. Each day there will be a separate round and the song clip and missing lyric will vary from round to round.
6. To enter the Competition an Entrant must send a text message starting with the word WIN followed by the answer to 65588 (the “Text Message Line”) within the opening and closing times of the Competition. Text messages will be charged at £1.50 plus standard network rates.
7. The opening and closing times of the Competition will be given on-air by the presenter(s). If listeners text after the closing time, they will not be entered but they may still be charged. Global Radio is not responsible for any latency experienced by your mobile phone network, which may delay the delivery of your text message to and/or from us.
8. After the closing time, one entrant will be selected at random from all of the entries received during the valid entry period. If their answer is incorrect (i.e. they haven’t identified the correct missing lyric), another Entrant will be selected at random until an Entrant who entered with the correct answer is selected, a winner is decided, and prize for the Competition awarded.
9. All Entrants selected to play on-air may be required to talk to the presenter(s) and the conversation may be recorded and played on-air. If the caller fails to answer a return call from Global, is driving at the time of the call and unable to pull over, cannot continue the call for any reason or the phone line is not of suitable quality for broadcast (at the discretion of the producer), the call may be terminated, and another Entrant selected at random. The Producer’s decision is final.
10. On entering the Competition, Entrants will receive a text message that invites them to take part in our 4-for-2 offer, whereby if they enter a second time within the same competition round, they will receive an additional two entries into that competition round at no extra cost. The additional entries will be automatically included once they’ve entered for the second time and they will not need to text again to claim this. If they do text for a third time, the cycle recommences and they will be charged again.
11. Both the number of rounds through the Competition Duration, and the end date of the overall Competition are flexible, and may change at the discretion of the Radio Station. Competition rounds will be announced in advance by the presenter(s) on-air. Smooth reserves the right to take the game off air for bank holidays, or at other times when programming output requires it.
12. For the avoidance of doubt, each competition round is a separate round and the text system will be re-set after each round.
13. Entrants must be aged 18 or over.
14. You can enter each round of the competition a maximum of 20 times (excluding any free entries). We strongly advise against excessive use.
15. Entrants must have a bank account, as the prizes will be paid via cheque or bank transfer.
16. The prize for each competition round is £2,500 paid by either cheque or Bank Transfer
17. Winners must provide their bank details as directed.
18. The prize is non-transferrable
19. Global reserves the right to change the prize or part of it at any time.
20. We will endeavor to pay winners as soon as possible but are not responsible for any delays in the banking system.
SP: Global Radio Services Ltd, 30 Leicester Square, WC2H 7LA. If you are having problems using our text entry service please have a look at our FAQs or alternatively contact our customer helpline on 03333 212196.