On Air Now
Smooth Breakfast with Gary King 6am - 10am
6 September 2019, 15:06 | Updated: 14 October 2019, 09:32
1. The following rules (“Rules”) together with Global Charities ("Global Charities") general and competition terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) (which can be found at www.makesomenoise.com/terms-conditions/ ) apply to the ‘Global’s Make Some Noise Text Competitions’ ("the Competition") as detailed in the Rules.
2. The "Radio Station" advertising the competition is Smooth, Classic FM, LBC, Gold, Radio X, Capital and Heart.
3. Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have understood these Rules along with the Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them. The Terms and Conditions are available on request from Global Charities.
Details of the competition:
4. To enter the Competition an Entrant must send a text message with the relevant keyword to one of the following radio stations Heart – 82122 (LIGHTS), Radio X – 83936 (LIGHTS) Smooth – 65588 (LIGHTS), Classic FM – 61812 (LIGHTS), LBC – 84850 (LIGHTS) Gold – 65588 (NORWAY), Capital – 83958 (LIGHTS) (the “Text Message Line”). Text messages will be charged at standard network rate. If you text after the closing time you will not be entered but may still be charged. The Text Message Line will open at 14:00 on 6th SEPTEMBER 2019 (the “Opening Time”) and close at 09:00 on 14 OCTOBER 2019 (the “Closing Time”).
5. After entering the Competition, participants will receive a bounceback text message informing them that a voluntary donation to Global’s Make Some Noise (registered charity 1091657 (England & Wales) & SC041475 (Scotland)) of £3 will be taken automatically, unless they text the word CANCEL as instructed. The £3 donation will be taken an hour (60 minutes) after the time the first text was received from the mobile phone used to enter the Competition, and 100% of the donation will go to Global’s Make Some Noise.
6. For the avoidance of doubt, you do not need to donate in order to be eligible for entry to the competition. Anyone who texts CANCEL as instructed in the first bounceback message and thereby opts out of donating £3 to Global’s Make Some Noise will still be included in the prize draw.
7. After the Closing Time of the competition, a winning Entrant will be selected at random from all eligible entries and will be notified that they have won using the number of the phone that their text entry was sent from. Unsuccessful Entrants will not be contacted.
8. You must be 18 or over to enter the Competition. Winner’s guest must be 16 or over.
9. You must enter from a UK mobile.
10. You can enter up to 10 times only, however you must text CANCEL as instructed after each entry to opt out of donating £3 to Global’s Make Some Noise.
11. Prize includes 2 spaces on Exodus Travels’ Arctic Lights & Whales tour, 2 x flights from London Heathrow, 4 x nights accommodation in a guesthouse or cabin.
12. No substitute prizes or cash alternatives are available.
13. The prize is non-transferable.
Specific prize terms:
1. The prize is a holiday for two on the ‘Arctic Lights and Whales’ tour for two people with Exodus Travels.
2. Accommodation will be in either an Aurora Guesthouse or a Wilderness Cabin with shared facilities. The Aurora Guesthouse has 5 bedrooms, lounge, 2 bathrooms. Each Wilderness Cabin has 2 bedrooms, one bathroom, small lounge. Room will be a twin or double, depending on winner’s preference.
3. Tour details:
• Exploration of the local area on foot
• Ice fishing on Lake Kringelvann, accessed on foot or in an adapted trailer
• Visit to the neighbouring island, Andoya
• Trip to Andoya Space Centre (subject to opening times and weather conditions)
• Trip to Andenes for a whale watching boat trip (subject to weather conditions)
• Due to unpredictable weather conditions, the running order of the itinerary remains flexible to allow us to make the best use of our time and conditions. In particular the whale watching excursion may be moved, or in some cases cancelled in the case of poor conditions. In this situation other activities would be offered.
• A private minibus will be used for all transfers
• This trip is categorised as generally not suitable for persons of reduced mobility
• Winter temperatures are usually between -2 to -10 in winter. Daylight hours are scarce in January, rising steadily to 8 hours of daylight by mid February and 10 hours by mid March. Even in January, however, it is not pitch black, instead there are hours of what the locals call 'blue light' meaning it is perfectly possible to be outdoors for a number of hours per day.
• Group is normally 5 to 14 guests, plus leader
4. Entrants must be 18 years or older and must live in the United Kingdom. The winners’ guest must be 16 or over.
5. Must be available to depart on one of the following tours, subject to availability
30th January 2020
13th February 2020
12th March 2020
6. The prize includes a total of 4 nights’ accommodation in wilderness cabins or Aurora guesthouse with shared facilities, all breakfasts, 3 lunches and 4 dinners included, flights from London Heathrow, airport transfers and tour leader throughout.
7. Economy return flights are from London Heathrow, if the winner would prefer to choose an alternative airport this may be possible subject to availability and a supplement charge that the winner must pay.
8. The group flight from London is a daytime flight departing on Day 1 of the itinerary
9. We normally use the scheduled services of Scandinavan Airlines (depending on availability)
10. Prize does not include transfers to/from airport in the UK, pre/post nights’ accommodation, travel insurance or any optional activities not stated in the itinerary on the Exodus website.
11. Winner and their guest must carry a valid passport that must be valid for 6 months beyond the intended length of stay
12. Valid travel insurance is required to join this trip and details must be presented on arrival. Travel insurance is not included in this prize.
13. The holiday is offered in accordance with Exodus Travels’ standard booking conditions and is subject to availability.
14. No employees of Exodus, The Travelopia Group, their subsidiaries, group companies or other company associated with this promotion will be eligible to enter.
-The content of the prize may be subject to change and/or substituted with a prize of equal or greater value.
-We require winner name, contact number, postal address & email to facilitate the prize.
-Due to the nature of prize donations, please be aware that it can take several weeks to confirm dates.
-Not for resale, not transferable (and must be used by the lead passenger), there is no cash alternative.
-This is a charity competition and as such no refunds are given.
The Promoters are Global, registered with Phone-paid Services Authority (ORG832-96388-41101) and Global Charities, registered with Phone-paid Services Authority
Service Provider: Global Radio Services Ltd., 30 Leicester Square, London, WC2H 7LA. If you are having problems using our text entry service or feel a donation has been taken from your bill unfairly, please have a look at our FAQs or alternatively contact our customer helpline on 0333 200 2000.