Smooth Doubles (July 2019)
12 July 2019, 17:16 | Updated: 19 July 2019, 19:02
1. The following rules (“Specific Rules”) together with the general competition terms and conditions (which can be found at http://www.smoothradio.com/terms-conditions/competition) (the “Competition Terms and Conditions”) of Global as defined in the Competition Terms and Conditions apply to the “Smooth Doubles” radio competition (the “Competition”) which will run from Monday 15th – Friday 19th July (the “Duration”) across the Smooth Network (the “Radio Station”).
2. Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have read and accepted the Specific Rules and the Competition Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them.
Details of the Competition:
3. Listeners will be required to; identify at least one of the musical artists (i.e. band, group or solo artist) featured in a specified clip of two artists, as directed by the presenter(s) on-air, and then text in with their answer.
4. Each day there will be a separate round and the clip (and therefore the artist[s] to identify) will vary each round.
5. To enter the Competition an Entrant must send a text message starting with the word WIN followed by their answer (one [or both] of the artists featured in the clip) to 65588 (the “Text Message Line”) within the opening and closing times of the Competition. Text messages will be charged at £1.50 plus standard network rates.
6. Entrants need to only identify one of the two artists correctly to be eligible to win the prize. If Entrants identify one artist correctly and one incorrectly, they will still be eligible to win the prize. For the avoidance of doubt, if an Entrant identifies both artists correctly, the prize available is still the same, unless explicitly stated on air by the presenter.
7. The Text Message Line will open at 1am and close at 7pm each day. If listeners text after the closing time, they will not be entered into the competition, but they may still be charged. Global Radio is not responsible for any latency experienced by your mobile phone network, which may delay the delivery of your text message to and/or from us. Additionally, Global is not responsible for any erroneous entries which may occur through a mobile phone network error or handset error.
8. After the closing time, one entrant will be selected at random from all of the entries received during the valid entry period. If their answer is correct they will win that round’s prize. If their answer is incorrect (i.e. they haven’t identified correctly either of the artists in the clip), another Entrant will be selected at random until an Entrant who entered with a correct answer is selected, a winner is decided, and prize for the Competition awarded.
10. Variations on the answer, and misspelt answers may be accepted at the discretion of the Producer. The Producer’s decision is final.
11. All Entrants selected to play on-air may be required to talk to the presenter(s) and the conversation may be recorded and played on-air. If the caller fails to answer a return call from Global, is driving at the time of the call and unable to pull over, cannot continue the call for any reason or the phone line is not of suitable quality for broadcast (at the discretion of the producer), the call may be terminated, and another Entrant selected at random. The Producer’s decision is final.
12. Both the number of rounds through the Competition Duration, and the end date of the overall Competition are flexible, and may change at the discretion of the Radio Station. Competition rounds will be announced in advance by the presenter(s) on-air. Smooth reserves the right to take the game off air when programming output requires it.
13. For the avoidance of doubt, each competition round is a separate round and the text system will be re-set after each round.
14. Entrants must be aged 18 or over.
15. You can enter each round of the competition a maximum of 20 times. We strongly advise against excessive use.
16. Entrants must have a bank account, as the prizes will be paid via cheque or bank transfer.
17. The prize for each competition round is £2,000 paid by either cheque or Bank Transfer
18. Winners must provide their bank details as directed.
19. The prize is non-transferrable
20. Global reserves the right to change the prize or part of it at any time. The prize value for each round will be made clear on air.
21. We will endeavor to pay winners as soon as possible but are not responsible for any delays in the banking system.
Publicity and Identity of Winners:
22. If you win a prize, we may publish your full name, town or area of residence and image indefinitely on smoothradio.com, Smooth Radio’s social media channels and outdoor advertising. We will seek your permission before publishing.
SP: Global Radio Services Ltd, 30 Leicester Square, WC2H 7LA. If you are having problems using our text entry service please have a look at our FAQs or alternatively contact our customer helpline on 0333 200 2000.