Smooth network: British Gas
British Gas on Smooth Radio, May-June 2019
1. The following rules (“Specific Rules”) together with the general competition terms and conditions (which can be found at https://www.smoothradio.com/terms-conditions/) (the “ Competition Terms and Conditions”) of Global (as defined in the Competition Terms and Conditions apply to ‘British Gas’ radio competition (the “Competition") which will run from Monday 20th May 2019 to Sunday 2nd June 2019 on Smooth Radio (the “Radio Station”).
2. Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have read and accepted the Specific Rules and the Competition Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them.
Details of the Competition:
3. To enter the Competition an Entrant must go online to SmoothRadio.com and register their details.
4. Online entry will open at 00:00 on Monday 20th May 2019 and close at 23:59 Sunday 2nd June 2019.
5. Entrants must go online, complete the entry form and answer a question to be entered into the Competition draw.
6. From all correct & eligible entries received, one winner will be selected at random and notified of their win by phone or email within 28 days of the closing date.
7. Entrants must be aged 18 years or over to enter.
8. Entry is restricted to one entry per person; duplicate entries will be excluded from the Competition.
9. Entrants must have gas and/or an electricity supply to their home to be able to benefit from the Prize. They do not need to be an existing British Gas customer.
10. Because the Prize involves home improvements the winner must own the home that the improvements will be carried out in or have the home owner’s permission to carry out the work.
11. Up to £1,000 worth of home improvement work to be carried out by British Gas (a trading name of British Gas Services Limited).
12. Spa Break for 2 people for 2 nights, winner to choose from 13 4* Countryside spa hotels.
Prize Terms & Conditions:
13. All home improvements must be booked at the same time.
14. The home improvements available to the winner will be limited to one or more of the following (up to a value of £1,000):
- system filters
- pipe protection
- Carbon Monoxide alarm
- thermostatic radiator valves
- water softeners
- limescale control
- mains water switch
- protective bonding
- fuse box replacement
- USB wall sockets
15. A British Gas engineer will engage with the winner to agree the most appropriate improvements for the winner’s home. More than one engineer may be required to visit the home.
16. British Gas reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize of the same value at its absolute discretion.
17. No cash alternative is available. The value of the home improvements available to the winner will be determined by British Gas in its absolute discretion, based on the RRP of the relevant home improvements.
18. Stay is subject to availability at the discretion of the organiser and excludes Christmas, New Year, Valentines, Easter, School Holidays and Bank Holidays.
19. Travel will be provided in the form of a petrol allowance covering a maximum total of 300 miles (round trip). Should the winner live further than 150 miles from their chosen location, a contribution towards travel expenses will be given.
20. Stay will be at the winner’s choice of Q Hotel. Choose from 13 countryside spa hotels located throughout the UK: Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Resort, Belton Woods, The Cheltenham Chase Hotel, Chesford Grange, Crewe Hall, Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort, The Hampshire Court Hotel, Norton Park, The Oxford Belfry, The Park Royal, Slaley Hall, Stratford Manor, Telford Hotel & Golf Resort, The Westerwood Spa & Golf Resort. Excludes Oulton Hall, The Queens, The Stratford and Dunston Hall.
21. Hotels are classed as 4 Star and are based on 2 people sharing a double room with en-suite bathroom on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis. Twin rooms can be requested but cannot be guaranteed.
22. Spa treatments are based on 2 adults enjoying 2 x 60-minute spa treatments each.
23. Appointments are subject to availability at time of booking.
24. Facilities and treatments vary by site.
25. Some treatments may not be suitable for people with certain medical conditions and will be substituted for a safe alternative should this be the case.
26. Dinner is based on 2 adults enjoying a 3-course meal in the hotel restaurant. Guests will receive a credit of £28.00 per person each evening for their meal. Drinks are not included.
27. All prizes must be claimed and booked by the prize winner within 12 months from the date of our initial correspondence with them.