Smooth £10k Stars - June 2023 - Specific Rules
19 June 2023, 10:00
How do I enter?
You can enter the competition by texting WIN to 65588. Texts cost £2 plus your standard network rate.
You can also enter online through Smooth’s Win+ platform. Entry packages start from £2.
When do I enter?
Make sure you enter while the competition is open – we play between 10am and 7pm on weekdays. When you hear a song by the specified artist, as revealed on air, you’ve got until the end of the song or sequence of songs to enter. If you text or make your entry on Win+ at the wrong time you may still be charged, but you won’t be able to win.
Make sure that you don’t try to enter if you’re listening on catch-up, if you do, your entry might not count, but you may still be charged.
How much can I win?
If you enter when one song by the specified artists plays on air, you can win £1,000. If you enter during a sequence of two songs of the specified artist, you can win £10,000.
Can I enter by phone?
No, text and online are the only ways to enter each of our on-air competition rounds.
Can I enter from anywhere in the UK?
You can enter the competition if you’re a resident of Great Britain (England, Scotland or Wales). If you live in Northern Ireland, The Isle of Man or the Channel Islands, then we’re really sorry but you shouldn’t enter as you won’t be eligible to win, due to different regulations in those places.
I have sent a text to enter but haven’t received a confirmation message
There are many different reasons for this. It could be due to insufficient funds, a Premium Rate block, a monthly cap that’s been exceeded, or a problem with your mobile phone network. You’ll need to contact your network about this. Links for the major networks are listed below:
Why are my messages not sending in the first place?
If messages are not leaving your phone, then they haven’t reached us and won’t be included in the draw to win. This isn’t something we’re able to affect, so you’ll need to contact your mobile phone network (using one of the links above), and they’ll be able to advise you further.
I received my confirmation message quite a long time after the song/songs played
Sometimes, when we experience a higher-than-normal volume of traffic, it can take longer than usual to process and send out our response messages, so even if you receive a confirmation message after the text lines closed, that entry was still included in the draw.
I tried to enter online via Win+ but my entry failed
If you selected ‘pay by mobile’ but your entry failed, there are many different reasons for why this could be. Not all mobile networks support this kind of transaction – it’s only available on O2, Vodafone, EE and Three. Otherwise, it could be due to insufficient funds, a block, a monthly cap that’s been exceeded, or another problem with your mobile phone network. You’ll need to contact your network about this. If you entered via PayPal and your entry failed, you may have insufficient funds in your account. Please contact PayPal if in doubt. If you chose to pay via Debit Card and your entry failed, you may have insufficient funds in your account, or you may have entered the billing details incorrectly, ie. billing address, CVV. Please contact your bank if in doubt. If payment via Apple Pay/Google Pay failed, you’ll need to contact your bank about this.
I missed a call – was it from Smooth?
Unfortunately, we can’t disclose that information. Make sure that, if you enter, you’re available to safely answer your phone. If we do call you, we can’t guarantee how it will display on your phone. It could be ‘unknown’, ‘withheld’, it might show a telephone number, or display in any other way. Make sure that, if you enter, you’re available to safely answer your phone.
I’ve already entered one competition round. Can I enter another round?
Yes, you can enter different rounds of the competition. However, once you’ve won once, you can’t win again.
I was a winner on another Smooth competition recently. Can I enter?
In the last six months, if you’ve won a competition on any of Global’s radio stations – winning either a prize valued at a thousand pounds or more, or winning more than one prize of any value - your entries won’t be eligible until any exclusion period has ended.
If we’ve still not answered your question, check out our full list of Premium Rate FAQs here or for more information about phone-paid services and how to identify any unknown charges on your phone bill, visit phonecharges.org
Smooth’s £10k Stars on Smooth, May and June 2023– Specific Rules
1. The ‘Smooth’s £10k Stars’ promotion (‘Promotion’) is organised by Global (as defined in the General Terms and Conditions). The Promotion will run from Monday 19th June 2023 to Friday 30th June 2023 on the Smooth Network. Global is the Promoter. The Promotion will not run on Smooth Chill or Smooth Country.
2. IMPORTANT: THIS PROMOTION IS ONLY OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF GREAT BRITAIN WHO ARE LOCATED IN GREAT BRITAIN AT THE TIME OF ENTRY AND IS NOT OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF NORTHERN IRELAND. The Promotion is subject to these Specific Rules and the General Terms and Conditions which are available here (together, the ‘Promotion Terms and Conditions’). Entry into the Promotion constitutes acceptance of these Specific Rules and the General Terms and Conditions.
Details of the Promotion:
3. To enter the Promotion you must listen to Smooth between 10am and 7pm from Monday 19th June 2023 to Friday 30th June 2023. At various times the presenter on-air will specify an artist that you must listen out for. When you hear one song or a sequence of two songs by the specified artist, you must follow the steps as described in clauses 6 to 8 to enter, as applicable.
4. The specified artist that you are required to identify on-air will change at the discretion of Smooth and will be announced by the presenter(s) in advance.
5. The song/songs (or standard Smooth edit of a song) must be played in full to count as part of the sequence of one or two songs. For the avoidance of doubt, elements of advertisements, short clips, clips in news bulletins, extracts or background music do not count. If one of the specified artists to identify is listed as a ‘featured artist’ on a song played on air, not the principal artist, this will still count, as long as the artist features on the Smooth edit.
6. There are two ways to enter the Promotion:
o Via SMS text message
o Online via Smooth’s Win+ Platform
7. Entry via SMS Text Message
7a) To enter the Promotion by SMS text message, you must text in when one song or the sequence of two songs by the specified artist plays, as heard on FM or DAB, following the instructions of the presenter(s) on-air. It is your responsibility to ensure you are listening to live radio and not ‘catch-up’ on Global Player for example.
7b) You must send a text message starting with the keyword WIN to 65588 (the “Text Message Line”). Text messages will be charged at £2 plus one standard network rate message. The text system may not recognise any other format of the keyword.
7c) You will have the length of the song, or the sequence of two songs to enter. Entries received before or after this time will not be eligible to win but may still be charged.
7d) On entering the Promotion by SMS, you will receive text bouncebacks which confirm your entry and invite you to take part in offers for bonus entries. The details of these offers will be included in the bouncebacks and a full breakdown of how these offers work is detailed below in clause 9. It is your responsibility to ensure that, if you respond to any of these offers, the text lines for the Promotion round are still open when you do so.
7e) For a full breakdown of all entry options, tariffs and costs, including bonus entries available for SMS text message entry, please see clause 12 below.
8. Entry Online via Smooth’s Win+ Platform
8a) To enter the Promotion online (“Online Entry”), you must use Smooth’s Win+ platform to enter when the sequence of one or two songs by the specified artist plays, as heard on FM or DAB, following the instructions of the presenter(s) on-air. It is your responsibility to ensure you are listening to live radio and not ‘catch-up’ on Global Player for example.
8b) You must visit the ‘Smooth’s £10k Stars’ page on Smooth Win+ platform (winplus.smoothradio.com) and confirm on the entry form that you wish to make your entry.
8c) You must then complete your entry by selecting the number of entries you would like to purchase and completing the payment journey through your chosen Payment Services Provider (PSP).
8d) In order to be eligible to win you must complete your entry including payment within the entry window of the Promotion round, i.e., the duration of the song sequence as played on-air (not before or after).
8e) For the avoidance of doubt entries purchased on Win+ will be entered into one round of the Promotion only, as is the case with entry by SMS text message.
8f) For a full breakdown of all entry options, tariffs and costs, including bonus entries available for Online Entry, please see clause 12 below.
9. During Promotion rounds, if one song by the specified artist is played on-air, the prize available is £1,000. If two songs by the specified artist are played consecutively on-air, the prize available is £10,000.
10. For the avoidance of doubt, you can submit your entry at any time during the song / sequence of songs to be entered into the draw for the prize available in that round. E.g., if you text during the first song of a two-song sequence by the specified artist, you are still eligible to win £10,000.
11. If you enter while the specified artist’s songs are not being played on air, this counts as a wrong answer and you won’t be eligible to win but you may still be charged.
12. All entry options, tariffs and costs, including bonus entries are available in the table below. For any SMS text message entries, you may also incur a standard network charge for each message you send to us.
13. With regard to entries charged to a mobile phone (via either SMS or Direct Carrier Billing):
13a) We are not responsible for any latency experienced by your mobile phone network, which may delay the delivery of messages and/or charges to and/or from us.
13b) We are not responsible for erroneous entries which may occur through a mobile phone network or handset error.
13c) As this is a Premium Rate promotion, it is your responsibility to ensure you have sufficient credit on your phone to pay for this. In the event you enter and have insufficient credit to pay for your entry/entries, payment may be taken at a later date.
14. Once the Text Message Line & Online Entry have closed, one entry will be selected at random from all the entries received (from both SMS & online) during that round. The selected entry must be eligible and must be submitted at the correct time, as outlined above.
15. If the entry belongs to you, one of our representatives will call you on the telephone number on which you entered. If the entry is ineligible, we reserve the right to select another entrant to participate in the Promotion or withdraw the prize and select another entry, as applicable.
16. If you are this entrant, you may be asked to have a call with a presenter. That call may either be broadcast live or pre-recorded for future broadcast. You must answer your telephone when we contact you. Someone else cannot answer the phone, participate or accept a prize on your behalf. If: (i) you fail to answer the phone; (ii) someone else answers the phone; (iii) the call goes to voicemail; (iv) the call becomes disconnected; or (v) you are not (or do not seem to be) in a position to safely and/or lawfully take or remain on the call (for example, if you are or seem to be driving); or (vi) you are not audible or intelligible or we are not able to conduct a conversation with you in a manner that is suitable for broadcast for any reason beyond our control (including, but not limited to: low/no signal on your device, a call is dropped by any network, you are travelling, there is too much background noise or feedback, etc.); before or during the Promotion, you may be disqualified and we reserve the right to select another entrant to participate in the Promotion or withdraw the prize and select another winner, as applicable. If you have complied with all applicable terms and conditions, and if you are successful, then you will be declared the winner of the Promotion round, on-air. We may also announce you as a winner on air using your first name, surname and county or nearest town/city.
17. The number of rounds played each day for the Promotion will be decided by Global at our absolute discretion. Promotion rounds will be announced in advance by the presenter(s) on-air. We reserve the right to take the Promotion off-air for bank holidays, or at other times when programming output requires it.
18. Unless otherwise expressly stated, each Promotion round is a separate round, and the Text Message Line and Online Entry will be re-set after each round.
19. After speaking with the contestant off air, the producer may ask the contestant if they’d like to record the round on Facetime. This is not obligatory.
20. We may publish and publicise your name, image, social media handle and/or profile picture, your nearest geographical location (for example, your nearest city, town or county) and your entry, and we may refer to your association with the Promotion and/or the prize, in any and all media, worldwide, in perpetuity, for publicity and PR purposes solely in connection with the Promotion.
21. In relation to winners (and runners up if applicable), you understand that we may interview you and your guest(s)/travel companions(s) which we may film, photograph and/or record and; (ii) film, photograph and/or record, you and your guest(s)/travel companions(s) in connection with the Promotion either by telephone or in person and we may use such films, recordings and/or photograph(s) for publicity and PR purposes in any and all media, worldwide, as often and for as long as we consider appropriate or desirable, in connection with the Promotion. We may also publish your and your guest(s)/travel companion(s) name, image, social media handle and/or profile picture.
22. By entering the Promotion you are requesting that we process your entry into the Promotion immediately. We complete the entry process immediately following receipt of your entry and therefore you acknowledge that once you enter the Promotion you will lose any right you may have to cancel your entry and receive a refund (whether under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 or otherwise).
23. The Promotion is only open to residents of Great Britain (i.e. England, Scotland and Wales only) aged 18 and over, and who are based in Great Britain at the time of entry. For the avoidance of doubt, the Promotion is not open to residents of Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands.
24. Multiple entries into the Promotion by SMS text message are permitted up to a maximum of 12 paid entries per day (£24 + standard network rate charges); any additional entries above this limit will be excluded from the Promotion.
24.b. Multiple entries are permitted across the Win+ platform up to a maximum of £24 spend per day; any additional entries above this limit will be excluded from the Promotion. Please note that entries into other promotions on the Win+ platform will also contribute to this daily spend limit. If we believe that entrants may be entering across multiple devices or phone numbers in order to negate the spend limit, they may be disqualified from the Promotion.
25. You may make entries via both SMS text message and Win+ up to the applicable limit of each method of entry. However, the Promotion is for entertainment purposes only and we strongly advise against excessive use.
26. If you win a cash prize during the Promotion, you may not win a second prize in the Promotion and we reserve the right to withhold or reclaim any second or subsequent prize for the duration of that Promotion and any entry fees will not be refunded.
27. The prize available for each round is either £1,000 or £10,000 as per clause 9.
28. If you provide all necessary details via the method directed by 4pm on the day that you win the Promotion, we will aim to initiate the transfer of funds on the same day, in our discretion, otherwise will aim to do so on the following working day. If you provide your details after 4pm of the day that you win, or on any other day, we will aim to initiate the transfer of funds the next working day after those details are received by us. You must provide all necessary details via the method directed within 14 days after the original request to do so otherwise the prize will be forfeited in our discretion.
29. The prize is non-transferable and non-refundable.
30. Any other costs and expenses which are not specifically included in the prize description are excluded and will be the sole responsibility of the winner.
31. We reserve the right to substitute the prize with another prize of equal or greater value at our absolute discretion.
32. We are registered with the Phone-paid Services Authority (“PSA”): registration number ORG832-96388-41101. For all enquiries in connection with the Promotion please contact our customer support team at https://global.com/contact/.
33. Your personal data that you provide to us will be collected and processed by us, our licensees (including Communicorp UK Limited) as well as the prize providers, and if applicable, our service providers, network operators and suppliers in order to administer and fulfil the Promotion. Your personal data may also be disclosed to the Phone-paid Services Authority, Ofcom and/or the Advertising Standards Authority at their reasonable request for regulatory purposes, for example, in order to prevent, investigate and detect crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and comply with law enforcement agencies and applicable advertising codes.
36. We and the prize providers may transfer and process personal data outside of the EEA and UK for the purposes of administering the Promotion. Where any transfers are made outside of the EEA or UK we will ensure appropriate safeguards to protect your personal data are in place.
37. We will hold your personal data for a period of up to 3 years in order to comply with our regulatory obligations.
38. You may request the removal of your personal details from our database by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. If you request that your personal details be removed prior to the conclusion of a Promotion, you will forfeit your right to enter the Promotion and/or claim any prize and we reserve the right to select another entrant to participate in the Promotion or withdraw the prize and select another winner, as applicable.