On Air Now
The Smooth Drive Home with Tina Hobley 4pm - 7pm
16 July 2018, 17:25
The hugely popular Now! album compilations reaches its 100th edition later this week.
But how did it all begin?
The very first Now album was released in November 1983, back when such compilations of current hits were relatively rare.
It was released on vinyl and audio cassette, with a re-release on CD in 2009 to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the album.
So what was the tracklisting?
Plenty of Smooth favourites, a bit of a duffer side two and all the Limahl/Kajagoogoo you could wish for, it seems...
1. Phil Collins - 'You Can't Hurry Love'
2. Duran Duran - 'Is There Something I Should Know?'
3. UB40 - 'Red Red Wine'
4. Limahl - 'Only for Love'
5. Heaven 17 - 'Temptation'
6. KC and the Sunshine Band - 'Give It Up'
7. Malcolm McLaren - 'Double Dutch'
8. Bonnie Tyler - 'Total Eclipse of the Heart'
9. Culture Club - 'Karma Chameleon'
10. Men Without Hats - 'The Safety Dance'
11. Kajagoogoo - 'Too Shy'
12. Mike Oldfield - 'Moonlight Shadow'
13. Men at Work - 'Down Under'
14. Rock Steady Crew - '(Hey You) The Rock Steady Crew'
15. Rod Stewart - 'Baby Jane'
16. Paul Young - 'Wherever I Lay My Hat (That's My Home)'
1. New Edition - 'Candy Girl'
2. Kajagoogoo - 'Big Apple'
3. Tina Turner - 'Let's Stay Together'
4. The Human League - 'Fascination'
5. Howard Jones - 'New Song'
6. UB40 - 'Please Don't Make Me Cry'
7. Peabo Bryson & Roberta Flack - 'Tonight I Celebrate My Love'
8. Tracey Ullman - 'They Don't Know'
9. Will Powers - 'Kissing with Confidence'
10. Genesis - 'That's All'
11. The Cure - 'The Love Cats'
12. Simple Minds - 'Waterfront'
13. Madness - 'The Sun and the Rain'
14. Culture Club - 'Victims'
Now That's What I Call Music 100 is released on Friday (July 20), featuring a CD of classic tunes.