A Roy Orbison and Buddy Holly hologram tour is heading to the UK
27 March 2019, 11:10
Rock and roll dreams have come true...
A Roy Orbison and Buddy Holly hologram tour is coming to the UK later in 2019, it has been announced.
The Rock ’N’ Roll Dream Tour will see the two bespectacled legends brought to life onstage together for the first time.
There will be 14 UK and Ireland dates in total, starting at Dublin’s 3 Arena on October 7, before ending with a show at London’s Hammersmith Apollo on October 24.
The shows will include hologram projections of the late musicians, alongside a live band and backing singers.
Orbison is often named as one of the most influential musicians of his era, with classic hits including 'Oh, Pretty Woman', 'You Got It', 'Only The Lonely', 'Crying' and 'I Drove All Night'.
Buddy Holly is one of the pioneers and rock and roll thanks to his success with The Crickets in the 1950s, including the hits 'That’ll Be The Day', 'Peggy Sue' and 'True Love Ways'.
Holly tragically died in a plane crash in 1959, on what is now known as The Day the Music Died, while Orbison passed away in 1988 at the age of 52.
Tickets for the tour will go on sale on Friday March 29 here.
The tour dates in full:
● October 7, 2019 - 3 Arena - Dublin
● October 8, 2019 - Waterfront Hall - Belfast
● October 10, 2019 - Utilita Arena - Newcastle
● October 11, 2019 - Apollo - Manchester
● October 12, 2019 - M&S Arena 2 - Liverpool
● October 13, 2019 - First Direct Arena - Leeds
● October 14, 2019 - Bonus Arena - Hull
● October 16, 2019 - Armadillo - Glasgow
● October 17, 2019 - Resorts World Arena - Birmingham
● October 18, 2019 - International Centre - Bournemouth
● October 21, 2019 - Royal Centre - Nottingham
● October 22, 2019 - Brighton Centre - Brighton
● October 23, 2019 - Motorpoint Arena - Cardiff
● October 24, 2019 - Hammersmith Apollo - London