Freya Ridings: Meet the talented 'Lost Without You' singer-songwriter
30 July 2018, 13:33
Freya Ridings is one of the most promising young singer-songwriters from the UK right now.
You may have heard her new single 'Lost Without You' on Smooth recently, so here's a quick guide to the talented star.
Who is Freya Ridings?
Raised in London, Freya Ridings is a 23-year-old singer-songwriter who has begun to receive critical acclaim and interest in the past couple of years.
After releasing her first live album in September, Freya went on her first full headline tour in the UK in 2017.
She also spent a large chunk of 2017 supporting the likes of Tears for Fears, Tash Sultana, and Lewis Capaldi.
Freya grew up in Palmers Green, North London. Her father is an actor and musician, and she learned guitar from watching him play.
She attended the BRIT School from the age of 16, following in the footsteps of past alumni including Adele, Leona Lewis and Amy Winehouse.
Freya Ridings songs: What music has she released so far?
Freya Ridings has released a handful of songs online so far, including:
- 'Maps' (a cover of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs song)
- 'Lost Without You'
She released her first live album - Live at St Pancras Old Church - in 2017, followed by Live at Omeara earlier this year. Watch her performance of 'Lost Without You' from the latter above.
'Lost Without You' is said to be about "an intense, regretful moment that changed her life".
Freya Ridings album: When will she release her debut album?
Freya has yet to announce official plans for her debut album, but we reckon (and hope) it'll be out very soon!
Freya Ridings tour: When can I see her live?
Freya will be heading out on a UK tour in October and November 2018.
The dates are:
- Thursday October 18: O2 Shepherds Bush Empire, London
- Friday October 19: Rescue Rooms, Nottingham
- Saturday October 20: The Globe, Cardiff
- Friday October 26: O2 Academy2, Oxford
- Saturday October 27: Manchester Dancehouse, Manchester
- Sunday October 28: The Wardrobe, Leeds
- Monday October 29: O2 Institute3, Birmingham
- Wednesday October 31: The Haunt, Brighton
- Thursday November 1: Wedgewood Rooms, Portsmouth