Gladys Knight announces UK Farewell Tour: Dates, venues and tickets
3 October 2023, 13:16 | Updated: 3 October 2023, 18:24
Gladys Knight singing the national anthem at the Super Bowl
Gladys Knight prepares to hang up her mic after the UK leg of her Farewell Tour.
Listen to this article
Soul superstar Gladys Knight has been performing live for over three-quarters of a century, having kicked off her career with The Pips when she was just eight years old.
- Super Bowl 2019: Watch Gladys Knight sing the National Anthem in glorious fashion
- Gladys Knight's 10 greatest songs ever, ranked
- Listen to the Smooth Soul Live Playlist on Global Player
Gladys will play dates in Glasgow, Birmingham, London, Swansea, Bournemouth, Nottingham and Southend.
Support comes from special guest Mica Millar.
The full tour dates are as follows:
- June 24 – Glasgow, Royal Concert Hall
- June 25 – Birmingham, Symphony Hall
- June 27 – London, Royal Albert Hall
- June 29 – Swansea, Arena
- June 30 – Bournemouth, BIC
- July 2 – Nottingham, Royal Concert Hall
- July 3 – Southend, Cliffs Pavilion
She's not mentioned anything of the sort, but the jaunt puts her in the country for the 2024 Glastonbury Festival, with availability to perform on Friday, June 28 between her shows in London and Swansea.
"Since she began her career in the 1950s performing with The Pips, the award-winning singer has recorded more than 40 albums and enjoyed No.1 hits on the Pop, Gospel, R&B and Contemporary charts," said organisers.
"Known for her collection of classic hits such as 'Midnight Train To Georgia', 'Help Me Make It Through The Night', 'Licence To Kill', 'The Way We Were', 'Baby Don't' Change Your Mind', and 'You're The Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me', Gladys Knight is one of music’s icons, and her contribution to pop culture unparalleled."