On Air Now
The Smooth Sanctuary with Gary Vincent 7pm - 10pm
21 August 2023, 09:29
Country pop legend Shania Twain is back!
The Grammy Award-winning star has announced her new album Queen of Me, and her long-awaited return to the UK.
This is Shania Twain's sixth album and her first since 2017.
Shania will give UK and Ireland fans the first time to see her live in nearly five years, when her Queen of Me tour kicks off in September 2023 at London's O2 Arena.
She will also take in shows in Dublin, Glasgow and Manchester before closing out in Birmingham.
We're now giving YOU the chance to win a pair of tickets to see Shania at the O2 in London! Scroll down to enter the competition now.
Shania Twain Exclusive Interview: 25 years since Come on Over
The album will feature her previously released single 'Waking Up Dreaming', and her brand new song 'Last Day of Summer'.
Shania Twain - Last Day of Summer (Lyric Video)
Shania recently spoke to Smooth Country's Eamonn Kelly about her upcoming plans, while also looking back at her iconic album Come on Over, which celebrates its 25th anniversary in November.
The tour dates are:
To celebrate Shania Twain we are giving you the opportunity to win tickets to see her preform live at London’s O2 Arena on Sunday, September 17, 2023.
Enter the competition using the form below. Entry ends at midnight on Monday, August 28.
Shania Twain, August 2023, Smooth Country – Specific Rules
1. Shania Twain promotion (‘Promotion’) is organised by Global (as defined in the General Terms and Conditions). The Promotion will run from Monday 21st August 2023 to Monday 28th August 2023 on Smooth Country. Global is the Promoter. The ‘Promotion Partner’ mentioned in these Specific Rules is Live Nation (Music) Ltd.
2. IMPORTANT: The Promotion is subject to these Specific Rules and the General Terms and Conditions which are available here (together, the ‘Promotion Terms and Conditions’). Entry into the Promotion constitutes acceptance of these Specific Rules and the General Terms and Conditions.
Details of the Promotion:
3. To enter the Promotion, you must go online to the Promotion entry page at www.smoothradio.com register your details and submit an answer to the multiple choice question provided.
4. Online entry will open at 09:00 on Monday 21st August 2023 and close at 23:59 on Monday 28th August 2023. Entries received before or after this time will not be included in the Promotion.
5. Within 7 days of the closing time of the Promotion, all eligible entries will be entered into a draw. 4 correct entries will be selected at random and the winning entrants will be contacted by one of our representatives via email OR telephone on the telephone number on which you entered. If such winner does not respond within 7 days from being contacted, they will forfeit their right to the prize and we shall be entitled to select another winner by another random draw. That subsequent winner must respond to the notification email within 5 days of the date on which they are notified, or they will also forfeit the prize.
6. We and the Promotion Partner may publish and publicise your name, social media handle and/or profile picture, your nearest geographical location (for example, your nearest city, town or county) and your entry, and we may refer to your and any applicable third party’s (for example a guest/travel companion) association with the Promotion and/or the prize, in any and all media, worldwide, in perpetuity, for publicity and PR purposes solely in connection with the Promotion.
7. In relation to winners (and runners up if applicable), you understand that we and our Promotion Partner may: (i) interview you and your guest(s)/travel companion(s) which we may film, photograph and/or record and; (ii) film, photograph and/or record, you and your guest(s)/travel companion(s) in connection with the Promotion, either by telephone or in person, and we may use such films, recordings and/or photographs for publicity and PR purposes in any and all media, worldwide, as often and for as long as we consider appropriate or desirable, in connection with the Promotion. We may also publish your and your guest(s)/travel companion(s) name, image, social media handle and/or profile picture.
8. The Promotion is only open to residents of the UK aged 18 and over, and who are based in the UK at the time of entry.
9. Entry is restricted to one entry per person; duplicate entries will be excluded from the Promotion.
10. Under 15s must be accompanied by an adult over 18
11. 4 winning entrants will receive 1 x Pair of Seated tickets to see Shania Twain perform on 17th September 2023 at The O2 Arena, London.
12. You must comply with all applicable rules, regulations and guidance relating to Covid-19, both in the UK and your travel destination/venue. We are not responsible for your failure to comply with such rules, regulations and guidance.
13. You acknowledge and agree that, without limitation to the provisions of Clause 12 of the General Terms & Conditions, our ability to fulfil a prize and/or perform any of our obligations under the Promotion Terms and Conditions could be affected by an actual or threatened epidemic, pandemic, disease or quarantine and/or any corresponding governmental action, guidance and/or ruling (including but not limited to any Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office guidance) (collectively ‘Covid Measures’).
14. Any other costs and expenses which are not specifically included in the prize description are excluded and will be the sole responsibility of the winner. By way of example, without limitation, travel costs to and from the venue is not included within the prize.
15. The prize is non-transferable and non-refundable
16. We reserve the right to substitute the prize with another prize of equal or greater value at our absolute discretion.
17. For all enquiries in connection with the Promotion please contact our customer support team at https://global.com/contact/.
18. Your personal data that you provide to us will be collected and processed by us, our licensees (including Communicorp UK Limited) and our Promotion Partner as well as the prize providers, and if applicable, our service providers, network operators and suppliers in order to administer and fulfil the Promotion. Your personal data may also be disclosed to the Phone-paid Services Authority, Ofcom and/or the Advertising Standards Authority at their reasonable request for regulatory purposes, for example, in order to prevent, investigate and detect crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and comply with law enforcement agencies and applicable advertising codes.
21. We, our Promotion Partner and the prize providers may transfer and process personal data outside of the EEA and UK for the purposes of administering the Promotion. Where any transfers are made outside of the EEA or UK we and the Promotion Partner will ensure appropriate safeguards to protect your personal data are in place.
22. We will hold your personal data for a period of up to 3 years in order to comply with our regulatory obligations.
You may request the removal of your personal details from our database by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. If you request that your personal details be removed prior to the conclusion of a Promotion, you will forfeit your right to enter the Promotion and/or claim any prize and we reserve the right to select another entrant to participate in the Promotion or withdraw the prize and select another winner, as applicable.