When Olivia Newton-John and John Travolta reunited after 24 years to sing ‘You’re The One That I Want’
9 August 2022, 10:23
The pair were celebrating the release of Grease on DVD in 2002 when the spectacular moment took place 24 years after they fell in love on screen playing Sandy and Danny Zuko.
It's not everyday two of the world's most iconic movie characters reunite for a one-off rendition of their most famous song.
- Olivia Newton-John: John Travolta leads tributes with emotional post about his Grease co-star
- Olivia Newton-John and John Travolta get the giggles as adorable Grease interview descends into chaos
- Where are the cast of Grease now over 40 years later?
Olivia, who had been on her North American tour, jumped on a plane and flew halfway across the U.S. to attend the party and be reunited with her most famous castmate.
The incredible moment took place on September 24 at the Paramount Lot in Hollywood, Los Angeles with numerous stars and crew from the movie watching from the audience.
Grease is the seventh highest-grossing live-action musical worldwide. The movie was re-released in 2018 for its 40th anniversary and in 42 years the film has grossed a staggering $396 million worldwide.
- Did Olivia Newton-John and John Travolta ever date? When 'Grease' stars revealed what really happened on set
- Relive Mariah Carey and Olivia Newton-John’s rarely heard duet of ‘Hopelessly Devoted To You’
- John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John recreate iconic Grease scene 41 years later
However, it has been met with criticism in recent years by some people, who have claimed that the film's story is sexist.
Grease concludes with Sandy transforming herself from a plainly-dressed innocent girl to a leather-clad bad-girl, before heading off into the sunset with her greaser boyfriend Danny.