The Holiday is getting a sequel with Jude Law and Cameron Diaz returning
6 December 2022, 13:22
The Holiday has become a festive favourite in recent years, and the original stars are likely to return for a movie sequel.
The original romcom arrived at cinemas back in 2006, and starred Jude Law, Cameron Diaz, Jack Black and Kate Winslet. While a modest hit at the time, over the years it has become a Christmas classic.
Amazingly, the whole cast have reportedly signed up to film a sequel.
According to reports, filming for the sequel will begin next year, 17 years after the original.
- Remembering Kate Winslet’s iconic ‘What If’ song from Christmas Carol: The Movie
- When Jack Black perfectly sang 'Kiss from a Rose' on American Idol with Seal watching on
- Hugh Grant recalls his hatred of learning the Love Actually dance: "It was hell"
An insider told The Sun: "The plan is to start rolling on scenes next year, primarily in the UK and in Europe, but the main talent are all signed up and on board.
"It’s one of the most successful movies of its kind and still enjoyed every year by millions of fans around the world – it makes perfect sense to revisit those characters and find out what became of their lives after they hooked up.
"It’ll be funny, poignant, and heartwarming – just what everyone wants for Christmas."
- Remembering the deleted song from The Muppet Christmas Carol you may have never seen
- Home Alone fan spots hidden clue that reveals why Kevin was left behind
- The 20 greatest Christmas movies of all time, ranked
The Holiday follows Amanda (Cameron) and Iris (Kate), who swap homes during Christmas and New Year – with Iris staying in Amanda's LA mansion while Amanda moves into Iris' quaint English country cottage.
Of course, it's not long before Amanda falls in love with Iris' brother Graham (Jude), while Iris falls in love with Miles (Jack), a friend of Amanda's ex.
It will be interesting to see what happened next for the four, especially as Graham had two young daughters. Did Amanda stay in England? Did Iris stick around in LA? We'll find out soon!