On Air Now
The Smooth Sanctuary at 7 with Gary Vincent 7pm - 10pm
3 October 2022, 10:45
Culture Club legend (and famous vegetarian) Boy George is apparently going into the jungle.
After a year in Wales because of the COVID-19 pandemic, I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! is going back to Australia, and has apparently already signed up a massive star.
George is reportedly going to be paid a show-record of nearly $1 million (£895,000) to appear on the show.
The singer is incredibly popular in Australia, and has spent a significant amount of time living in Sydney.
Filming for the new series is currently due to start in November, just outside Murwillumbah in far north-eastern New South Wales, Australia.
George had previously suggested that the sartorial issues and his vegetarian diet could prevent him from going into the jungle.
"There would be serious clothing restrictions in the jungle," he told the Daily Star back in 2016.
"I'd have to get certain hats made and I couldn’t get over the food. I would have a problem with that."
Im not Vegan or raw. I have lots of vegan and raw food. I don't have cows produce ever! I am gay though!— Boy George (@BoyGeorge) October 22, 2013
He was quizzed earlier this year by Ant and Dec about his thoughts on I'm A Celebrity during an appearance on Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway.
"Unless you do a vegan version and then I'm in," he said.
As well as his continuing solo success, Boy George has been leading a reunited Culture Club since 2014.