Sting and wife Trudie are pictured head over heels after 30 years of marriage
24 October 2023, 11:47
The Police frontman married Trudie Styler in 1992.
Listen to this article
The Police singer, 72, and his wife of 30 years Trudie Styler, 69, were a couple clearly in love, as they walked the red carpet in front of photographers.
- Sting’s secret to his long and loving marriage to Trudie Styler: A relationship timeline
- Sting reveals which of his songs wife Trudie Styler loves the most
- Sting facts: Singer's age, wife, children, real name, net worth and more revealed
The couple were at the premiere of the film Posso Entrare? An Ode To Naples and posed together as they stared into each other's eyes.
Trudie and Sting have been married since 1992 and have four children Mickey Sumner, 39, Jake Sumner, 38, Eliot Sumner, 33, and Giacomo Sumner, 27.
The pair met in 1982 and were a couple for ten years before marrying.
Speaking to PEOPLE in 2020, Sting shared his secret to keeping his marriage happy and healthy.
- Incredible moment Sting performs 'Every Breath You Take' with a local Italian band
- How a Sting song inspired Christopher Nolan to make blockbuster film Oppenheimer
- How does Sting manage to keep in incredible shape in his 70s? Police singer reveals all
"I know something about marriage," Sting said. "I've been married to Trudie for 27 years now. People say to me, 'How has it lasted this long?' I say, 'Well, it's kind of a miracle, but we don't take it for granted.'
"We're friends, too," he continued. "We love each other, but we actually like each other — and that's an important distinction there.
2018 Grammy Awards - Sting - Englishman in New York
"Love is passion and all of that stuff, but actually liking somebody and enjoying someone's company is something slightly different, and it lasts longer.
"So you can have both, and I think that's important. Be married to your best friend."
- All Saints release cover of The Police's 'Message in a Bottle' with Sting - listen now
- Moment Sting jumped on stage to join overwhelmed singer in rendition of 'Englishman in New York'
- Sting's 10 greatest songs ever, ranked
Over the years Sting has been incredibly outspoken about his love for Trudie, but it's not all one-sided of course, as Trudie frequently gushes about her rockstar husband: "I’m married to an incredibly good husband and we’re devoted to each other.
"We laugh a lot!I think that’s important in a marriage. He has my back; he’s my champion."
The pair have lived in Italy since buying their Tuscan estate Il Palagio, in 2007.