Lisa Marie Presley's daughter shares unseen image of their final meal: 'I feel blessed to have this'
25 January 2023, 15:32
Lisa Marie Presley's daughter has shared the last image taken of the pair before her mum's untimely death.
Riley Keough, 33, has taken to her Instagram page to share an image of the final time she saw her mum, Lisa Marie Presley.
The picture sees Lisa Marie having a meal in a restaurant with her daughter before her the 54-year-old's death from cardiac arrest on January 12, 2022.
- Watch Priscilla Presley's beautiful tribute to her daughter Lisa Marie at memorial ceremony
- Lisa Marie Presley sang about being 'buried in Memphis' in emotional 2003 music video
- Inside Elvis Presley's gorgeously mischievous but short-lived time with daughter Lisa Marie
The photo sees the happy pair pose together in a photo taken by a close friend of Riley's, who she thanks in the caption accompanying the image.
The actress doesn't say when the image of Elvis Presley's daughter was taken, but it was likely to be in the weeks before her death as Riley confirms it was the very last time she saw her mum.
"I feel blessed to have a photo of the last time I saw my beautiful mama," she wrote, adding: "Grateful @georgieflores took this."
- Lisa Marie Presley: Ex-husband Nicolas Cage, John Travolta and Tom Hanks lead tributes
- Elvis Presley’s Graceland will go to Lisa Marie Presley’s daughters after her tragic passing
- When Elvis Presley 'duetted' with daughter Lisa Marie on song 'Where No One Stands Alone'
Riley's post was likely a way to say goodbye to her mother, after she was too overcome with emotion to give her pre-prepared speech at Lisa Marie Presley's memorial service on Sunday (January 22).
The emotional moment saw Riley's husband, Ben Smith-Petersen, read Riley's speech for her and reveal that the pair had secretly welcomed their first child together.
Lisa Marie Presley on duet with Elvis: “I felt very connected to him”
"I hope I can love my daughter the way you loved me, the way you loved my brother and my sisters," Riley wrote.
"I remember you driving me in my car seat playing Aretha Franklin. I remember the feeling I'd get when you picked me up from school.
- The tragic life of Elvis' daughter: The story of Lisa Marie Presley's father, husband and son
- Elvis Presley's last performance two months before his death is phenomenal
- Elvis Presley's death: How the world reacted to the King's shock passing at 42
"Thank you for showing me that love is the only thing that matters in this world," she added, before writing that Lisa Marie's children – including the late Benjamin Keough who died in 2020 – were "products of your heart."
"We are you, you are us," Riley wrote. "Thank you for trying so hard for all of us."
Lisa Marie Presley has been buried at Graceland next to her son Benjamin and father Elvis Presley.