Lisa Marie Presley: Ex-husband Nicolas Cage, John Travolta and Tom Hanks lead tributes
13 January 2023, 15:27 | Updated: 13 January 2023, 19:02
A host of celebrities including Leah Remini, John Travolta, Nicolas Cage and Tom Hanks have led tributes to Elvis Presley's daughter.
Elvis Presley's daughter died aged 54 of a cardiac arrest at her Calabasas, California home on Thursday.
- The tragic life of Elvis' daughter: The story of Lisa Marie Presley's father, husband and son
- Lisa Marie Presley facts: Elvis Presley's daughter's age, husband, children and career revealed
- Inside Elvis Presley's gorgeously mischievous but short-lived time with daughter Lisa Marie
The news comes after a tumultuous time for the Presley family: Lisa Marie's son, Benjamin Keough, died by suicide in July 2020.
John Travolta posted a picture of Lisa Marie and wrote: "Lisa baby girl, I'm so sorry. I'll miss you but I know I'll see you again. My love and heart goes out to Riley, Priscilla, Harper and Finley."
- Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley's whirlwind romance explained
- When Elvis Presley 'duetted' with daughter Lisa Marie on song 'Where No One Stands Alone'
- Lisa Marie Presley's son Benjamin Keough is buried next to grandfather Elvis Presley at Graceland
"Tom and I had spent some time with the family during the Elvis movie promotional tour. Lisa Marie was so honest and direct, vulnerable, in a state of anticipation about the movie," the pair said in a statement on Rita's Instagram page.
"She spoke so eloquently about her father, what the movie meant to her, that it was a celebration of her dad. She had her gorgeous daughters Finley and Harper with her who made us all laugh."
The couple went on to reveal that Lisa Marie was 'gracious' enough to give them a private tour of Elvis' home, Graceland, and 'she made it feel like home to us.'
- Priscilla Presley facts: Wife of Elvis Presley's age, husband, children and career revealed
- Austin Butler understood Elvis Presley's pain following mother's death at same age as music icon
- Elvis Presley's death: How the world reacted to the King's shock passing at 42
Nicolas Cage, who married Ms Presley for a short time in 2002, said to The Hollywood Reporter: "This is devastating news. Lisa had the greatest laugh of anyone I ever met. She lit up every room, and I am heartbroken," he said, adding: "I find some solace believing she is reunited with her son Benjamin."
Actress Leah Remini wrote: "I'm heartbroken over the passing of Lisa Marie Presley," adding: "Lisa did not have an easy life as some may think."
"We miss you Lisa!" La Toya said. "You will forever be in our hearts, I will never forget how much you shared the love you had for my brother with me, I thank you for being so honest #RIP."
Actress Juliette Lewis was in shock over the death of Lisa Marie, saying how hard she was finding it to express her sorrow in words.
"We shared huge turning points in our lives. She taught me so much about resilience… I was 23… Frozen summers… Shared music, Friends. I am unable to write about it at this moment. Love to the girls ❤️," Juliette wrote, adding: "In power LMP."
Lisa Marie Presley leaves behind her mother Pricilla Presley, and children Riley, Harper and Finley.