Who is Hedgehog on The Masked Singer? Clues and theories for the celebrity identity
14 February 2020, 17:34 | Updated: 23 December 2020, 11:08
The Masked Singer's Hedgehog has got everyone talking about who the celebrity is behind the mask - here's all the theories from Rufus Hound to Jason Mansford.
So who is the celebrity behind the Hedgehog mask? What are the clues and theories we've been given so far?
Here's everything we know about the finalist:
Who is Hedgehog?
What songs has the Hedgehog sang?
The Hedgehog has sung a mixture of songs on the ITV show from Little Mix's Black Magic to Oasis', Don't Look Back in Anger.
What are the clues for the Hedgehog?
- Is a bit posh
- Is mostly 'active at night'
- Is more introverted than you might expect
- Most happy on stage
- They had a job where they 'died at 8.30 every night'
- He had a connection with stage shows such as Phantom of the Opera and Hairspray.
- One of the following is true: he sometimes wears high heels onstage/once worked at a major fast food restaurant/his daughter is more famous than he is.
Which celebrity is Hedgehog?
Guesses from fans so far have mainly included comedians, such as Jack Whitehall, Michael McIntyre, Rufus Hound, Jason Manford, and singers Alfie Boe and Michael Ball.
Who are the other contestants on The Masked Singer?
The full list of Masked Singers are:
- Butterfly (revealed as Patsy Palmer in episode 1)
- Pharaoh (revealed as Alan Johnson in episode 2)
- Chameleon (revealed as Justin Hawkins in episode 3)
- Tree (revealed as Terry Sheringham in episode 4)
- Daisy (revealed as Kelis in episode 5)
- Fox (revealed Denise Van Outen)
- Duck (revealed as Skin)
- Unicorn (revealed as Jake Shears)
- Monster (revealed as Ceelo Green)
What is The Masked Singer?
12 celebrities compete on the show anonymously, all wearing costumes, over 10 episodes.
Each episode, some of the competitors are paired off into face-off competitions, where each will perform a song of their choice.
From each face-off, the panelists and live audience vote. The winner is safe for the week, while the loser is put up for elimination.
At the end of the episode, the losers of the face-offs are then put to the earlier votes of the panelists, to discover who will head home. The eliminated singer then takes off their mask to reveal their real identity.
Hints are also given to each masked singer's identity during the show. The panelists are given time to guess the identity of the singer after the performance, and ask them a single question.
Who will appear in the UK version and when does it start?
Former I'm a Celebrity star Joel Dommett will host the UK version, which launched on ITV on Saturday, January 4 at 7pm.
The four judges will be: Jonathan Ross, Rita Ora, Davina McCall, and Ken Jeong from the US version.