David Bowie: Iman pays tribute to daughter Lexi on 23rd birthday with 'Little Wonder' video
16 August 2023, 13:51
Celebrating a milestone in her daughter's life, Iman expressed heartfelt birthday wishes to her youngest child.
In a touching post, published on her Instagram account on Tuesday (August 15), supermodel Iman conveyed her joy, writing, "Wishing a very happy birthday to my Little Wonder."
- David Bowie's daughter Lexi Jones shares adorable throwback video of her dancing with dad
- How many children does David Bowie have, and who are they?
- Tina Turner's greatest ever duets: David Bowie, Mick Jagger, Rod Stewart, Bruce Willis and more
The post was accompanied by a montage of cherished photographs capturing the journey of Lexi Jones, 23, and also paid homage to her late husband, David Bowie.
The iconic song 'Little Wonder,' penned by Bowie in 1997, served as the backdrop to the montage, a touching way to include her husband on their daughter's birthday, seven years after his death in 2016.
Iman's message continued: "We were bestowed with the most extraordinary gift: You! May your birthday radiate with unparalleled splendour."
- Iman won't call David Bowie her "late" husband: "He is my husband"
- How David Bowie discovered soul icon Luther Vandross and helped kickstart his career
- How David Bowie seduced Tina Turner by wearing nothing but a wig
The carefully crafted video montage took viewers through the years, showcasing the evolution of Lexi, born Alexandria Zahra Jones.
The youngster seems to have inherited her father's creative gene, with the beautiful video also showcasing examples of Lexi's art.
Smooth's Untold Stories: How David Bowie proposed to Iman
Writing about her art on her website, Lexi says: "Art has been a rock in my life for as long as I can remember."
"As a kid, I was always doodling or painting in art class and during my free time.
- David Bowie: Heartwarming video surfaces of daughter Lexi covering his iconic song 'Life On Mars'
- 8 stars who turned down honours from the Queen, from David Bowie to George Harrison
- David Bowie's daughter Lexi shares adorable video of her dad teaching her piano
"It wasn't until my mid-teens that I became serious and started refining my style," she continued.
"That is when I developed a deeper passion and I knew I wanted to create and share my pieces with the intent to encourage others to create their own."
See David Bowie in the Moonage Daydream trailer
The young artist added, 'My first collection, Pieces of Me, is about joining together to heal through the beauty of art.'
Lexi's presence on social media reveals that she has also inherited her father's musical talents as a skilled singer and songwriter.
One of her notable performances captured on social media was a live rendition of 'Starman' and 'Life on Mars', which has amassed an impressive audience of nearly 200,000 views on YouTube.