Riley Keough pays emotional tribute to late mum Lisa Marie and brother Benjamin on anniversary of his death
14 July 2023, 12:56
Elvis Presley's granddaughter has given a heartbreaking tribute to her late mum and brother.
The young actress took to her Instagram page and published a picture of her late family members, with the simple message 'Missing you both' and a love heart.
- Priscilla Presley shares rare photo of Lisa Marie’s twin daughters five months after their mum's death
- Riley Keough facts: Elvis Presley granddaughter's age, parents, husband and career explained
- Lisa Marie Presley: Elvis Presley's ex-girlfriend publishes unearthed album of childhood pictures
Benjamin Keough died from suicide on July 13, 2020 at the age of 27.
At the time, his mother Lisa Marie Presley was said to be 'inconsolable' and 'devastated' after his shock death.
A spokesperson for Lisa Marie - who was also a mother to daughter Riley with Danny and 14-year-old twins Finley and Harper with her fourth husband Michael Lockwood - said: "She is completely heartbroken, inconsolable and beyond devastated but trying to stay strong for her twins and her oldest daughter Riley.
- Watch Priscilla Presley's beautiful tribute to her daughter Lisa Marie at memorial ceremony
- Lisa Marie Presley's daughter shares unseen image of their final meal: 'I feel blessed to have this'
- Lisa Marie Presley sang about being 'buried in Memphis' in emotional 2003 music video
"She adored that boy. He was the love of her life."
The Presley family then suffered another shocking loss when Lisa Marie Presley died two and a half years later, aged 54, on January 12, 2022.
Riley Keough's tribute to her late family members came just hours before her mother's cause of death was officially announced.
The Los Angeles County Medical Examiner's Office has confirmed Ms Presley died from 'an intestinal blockage.'
In a written statement, deputy medical examiner Dr. Juan M. Carrillo's opinion is that the obstruction was due to "adhesions (or, scar tissue) that developed after bariatric [weight-loss] surgery years ago. This is a known long-term complication of this type of surgery."
- The tragic life of Elvis' daughter: The story of Lisa Marie Presley's father, husband and son
- Inside Elvis Presley's gorgeously mischievous but short-lived time with daughter Lisa Marie
- When Elvis Presley 'duetted' with daughter Lisa Marie on song 'Where No One Stands Alone'
Lisa Marie's death caused difficulty in the Presley family, with the singer's mother Priscilla Presley, reportedly attempting to gain control over Lisa Marie's trust.
Austin Butler pays tribute to Lisa Marie Presley
However, says after news that the family reached a settlement over Lisa Marie Presley's estate, on June 19, Elvis Presley's ex-wife and granddaughter put on a united front for Lisa Marie's teenage daughters.
“Happy Graduation girls! You’re now in high school!!!" Priscilla captioned the beautiful snap.