Paris Jackson supports Olivia Newton-John's daughter as first anniversary of mum's death approaches
24 July 2023, 13:36
Listen to this article
The offspring of the famous parents have reportedly formed a bond.
- Grease at 45: Olivia Newton-John 'held nervous John Travolta's hand' during 'You're The One That I Want'
- New Olivia Newton-John album reveals rare duets with John Travolta, Barry Gibb, Mariah Carey and more
- Olivia Newton-John and John Travolta get the giggles as adorable Grease interview descends into chaos
It is said that Paris reached out to Chloe to lend her support as she knows only too well how difficult it is to lose a parent so publicly.
"Paris knows better than anyone how hard it is to lose a parent, alongside millions of mourners worldwide," a source said.
"Olivia was a big part of Paris' childhood, and she knows her dad would've done the same thing, and reached out to Chloe, if he was still alive," the source added.
- Watch Olivia Newton-John's stunning posthumous 'Jolene' duet with Dolly Parton
- Watch an emotional Olivia Newton-John relive her huge success on This Is Your Life
- Watch Olivia Newton-John's jaw-dropping final performance before her death
They also said Michael was a huge fan of the movie Grease and the movie was a big part of Paris's childhood.
Next month marks one year since Olivia Newton-John succumbed to her battle with cancer in August 2022.
Two months after her mother's death, Chloe bravely made her first TV appearance and broke down as she paid tribute to her 'angel' mother.
Olivia Newton-John, Chloe Lattanzi - Window In The Wall
Marking the Walk for Wellness event that her mother started as a cancer fundraising event, Chloe said she couldn't be there that year, but that she and her step-father were there 'in spirit'.
Taking place in Melbourne each year, thousands of people take to the streets to raise money and awareness for survivors and research into breast cancer.
Although Chloe couldn't be there at the walk last year, she welled up having realised how many people came out in support of her late mum Olivia.
- 'Devastated' Barry Gibb breaks silence on Olivia Newton-John's death: 'She was my sister'
- When Olivia Newton-John joined Elton John for a breathtaking stripped-back version of 'Candle In The Wind'
- Did Olivia Newton-John and John Travolta ever date? When 'Grease' stars revealed what really happened on set
Talking to reporter Richard Wilkins on Australian network Nine, live from her home in Santa Barbara, Chloe said: "It's so beautiful to see how many people have come out in support of my mum."
"John [Easterling] and I are there in spirit. But we just needed to take some time to grieve" she continued.
"This was her heart. This was what she lived for" Chloe said about her mum.
Olivia Newton-John opens up on living with cancer
"She saw the benefits of holistic treatments and acupuncture and music therapy."
After becoming visibly emotional discussing her mum, Chloe apologised during the interview and heaped praise on her mother for being an "angel."
She added: "She is an angel. She was absolutely magical. All she wanted to do was good in the world."
Before Chloe said goodbye to her mum, Olivia officiated her marriage to fiancé James Driscoll which revealed just how close they were.