Take That's Howard Donald hits back at fans who mocked his appearance at the Coronation Concert
10 May 2023, 11:26 | Updated: 10 May 2023, 14:05
Howard Donald has slammed a Twitter user who criticised his appearance at the concert at Windsor Castle for the King's Coronation.
Listen to this article
- Take That say they’re Back For Good after Coronation reunion concert
- Mark Owen explains his change of appearance after presenter says he 'looks different'
- Take That's top 20 greatest songs ever, ranked
- Howard Donald facts: Take That singer's age, wife, children and height revealed
Taking to the social media site, Howard Donald has now responded to the cruel comments, with a tongue-in-cheek joke of his own.
The commenter wrote: "Did anyone alive in 1993 have Gary Barlow down as the best-looking one of the group 30 years later?" they said.
"Mark needs a haircut and Howard needs to move away from the scouse market trader look."
Howard, whose fans quickly came to his defence, responded directly to the comment, saying: "You’ve obviously been hanging round the Liverpool markets too much! Wanna buy a fake Rolex?!!"
- When was Jason Orange's last performance? Take That's most historic moments
- Take That movie musical 'Greatest Days': Trailer, cast, plot, soundtrack and more revealed
- Take That's Howard Donald posts photos of rarely-seen daughter to celebrate her graduation
- Lionel Richie speaks out for first time since criticism over his Coronation concert performance
However, the unfavourable fan comment was quickly drowned out by a host of positive feedback from Take That fans.
One said of Howard's performance: "I forgot what an absolutely phenomenal dancer he was."
Another wrote: "You all looked and sounded absolutely sensational."
With a third joking: "I think I might have to go a browse through Liverpool markets if their traders look like you, Howard!"
You’ve obviously been hanging round the Liverpool markets too much!— Howard Donald (@HowardDonald) May 8, 2023
Wanna buy a fake Rolex?!!😀 https://t.co/XUJiTjg3iU
The trio have since announced they are reuniting for good and the Coronation concert was the beginning of their comeback.
- Howard Donald's amazing dance moves revisited after Take That star revealed as Zip on The Masked Dancer
- Take That's Howard Donald reveals marriage struggles in moving Valentine's message to wife
- When Robbie Williams paid tribute to his hero and friend George Michael only days after his passing
"It was incredible to perform live together again for the first time in 4 years and there is so much more to come," said the band on Instagram. "We're back for good."
Take That have already confirmed a massive summer UK show at London's Hyde Park on July 1, where they will again play as a three-piece.
Robbie Williams interview: "It's a miracle if I make the charts now"
Rumours have abounded that ex-band member, Robbie Williams, may rejoin Take That for their comeback after the band's official Instagram page teased fans with a cryptic message of his own.
The account posted a clip of all five members of Take That performing 'Never Forget', with the caption reading: "Never forget we will have fun like this again… someday soon 💙".
Watch this space!