On Air Now
Smooth Breakfast with Jenni Falconer 6am - 10am
29 January 2021, 17:15 | Updated: 12 February 2021, 11:12
The Masked Singer is back in the UK for a second series! But which celebrities will be behind the elaborate costumes?
After a hugely popular first series in early 2020, the guessing game is back for series 2 on ITV.
First airing on Boxing Day 2020, The Masked Singer will continue into early 2021 with 12 more famous faces singing classic tunes for judges Jonathan Ross, Davina McCall, Rita Ora and new member Mo Gilligan, alongside host Joel Dommett.
As each episode passes, we'll look at the theories and clues behind each mask, including Blob:
So far, Blob has revealed:
- Is "big, bright and loud"
- Had a school classroom setting
- Has been called 'four-eyes'
- Wanted to be James Bond or Batman as a kid
- Recorded a demo for Simon Cowell
- “As a musician, I’ve had the great fortune to duet with some amazing artists over the years, which has led me to come face-to-face with some legends and personal heroes of mine.”
- Has “played to large audiences, and also intimate celebrity gigs.”
- They’ve also played “for a top political journalist”.
- Has “written songs”, adding, “My career has seen me record with the best, like when I worked with George Michael’s producer.”
- He always stands up for the things he believes in.
- He wants to put smiles on people’s faces, and that he’s ‘got talent’
So far, clues for Blob include:
- Romesh Ranganathan
- Harry Hill
In week 6, Blob lost out in the vote, and was revealed to be...
Comedy legend Sir Lenny Henry!
- Seahorse - unmasked as Mel B in week 2
- Bush Baby - unmasked as John Thomson in week 5