The Masked Singer UK: Who is Viking? Clues and theories for series 2
29 January 2021, 17:17 | Updated: 12 February 2021, 11:12
The Masked Singer is back in the UK for a second series! But which celebrities will be behind the elaborate costumes?
After a hugely popular first series in early 2020, the guessing game is back for series 2 on ITV.
First airing on Boxing Day 2020, The Masked Singer will continue into early 2021 with 12 more famous faces singing classic tunes for judges Jonathan Ross, Davina McCall, Rita Ora and new member Mo Gilligan, alongside host Joel Dommett.
Series 1 featured celebrities and singers including Jason Manford, Denise Van Outen, Katherine Jenkins, CeeLo Green, Jake Shears and winner Nicola Roberts.
As each episode passes, we'll look at the theories and clues behind each mask, including Viking:
The Masked Singer series 2: Viking clues
So far, Viking has revealed:
- Was 'curious'
- Referenced the 'king' part of Viking
- An explorer
- Looking for a 'voice'
- Wears 'another kind of armour'
Viking Performs 'Watermelon Sugar' by Harry Styles | Season 2 Ep. 4 | The Masked Singer UK
- “By my beard, they haven’t got a clue.”
- Left great footprints in countries outside of his own.
- “Doing my own thing underlies everything I do, including breaking the rules.”
- “Vikings are not bound by any chains and sometimes success can be found when I break something.”
Viking Performs 'Take On Me' By A-Ha | Season 2 Ep. 5 | The Masked Singer UK
- "My career has been one of billions"
- He relies on tools he was born with, and tools he can create. Steel has apparently proved to be useful
The Masked Singer series 2: Viking guesses and theories
Viking Performs 'Songbird' By Fleetwood Mac | Season 2 Ep. 2 | The Masked Singer UK
Guesses for Viking so far include:
- Aled Jones
- Ricky Wilson
Viking is Unmasked! | Season 2 Ep. 6 Reveal | The Masked Singer UK
In week 6, Viking lost out in the battle, and was revealed to be...
A-ha singer Morten Harket!
The Masked Singer UK series 2 contestants for 2021:
- Alien - unmasked as Sophie Ellis-Bextor in week 1
- Seahorse - unmasked as Mel B in week 2
- Swan - unmasked as Martine McCutcheon in week 3
- Grandfather Clock - unmasked as Glenn Hoddle in week 4
- Bush Baby - unmasked as John Thomson in week 5
- Viking - unmasked as Morten Harket in week 6
- Blob - unmasked as Lenny Henry in week 6
- Dragon - unmasked as Sue Perkins in week 7
- Harlequin - unmasked as Gabrielle in week 7