On Air Now
Smooth Breakfast with Eamonn Kelly 6am - 10am
2 February 2021, 16:49 | Updated: 12 February 2021, 11:14
The Masked Singer is back in the UK for a second series! But which celebrities will be behind the elaborate costumes?
After a hugely popular first series in early 2020, the guessing game is back for series 2 on ITV.
First airing on Boxing Day 2020, The Masked Singer will continue into early 2021 with 12 more famous faces singing classic tunes for judges Jonathan Ross, Davina McCall, Rita Ora and new member Mo Gilligan, alongside host Joel Dommett.
As each episode passes, we'll look at the theories and clues behind each mask, including Sausage:
Sausage Performs: 'Skin' By Rag'n'Bone Man | Season 2 Ep.1 | The Masked Singer UK
So far, Sausage has revealed:
- A close connection to the beach or the coast.
- Is a 'girly girl' who “loves a bit of glam”.
- VT references to 'Billie' and 'Because We Want To'
- “My performances are something of a balancing act.”
- They are is “regular” and “no-nonsense”.
Sausage Performs 'And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going' | Season 2 Ep. 3 | The Masked Singer UK
- They love “the simple life” and was filmed on Brighton Pier with a pink toolbox and pink hammer.
- A heavy reference to Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps.
- Someone had ‘once said they look like a horse’.
- They ‘enjoy’ hiding their face behind their mask, although it’s not the first time their face has been concealed in their line of work.
Sausage Performs 'All Around The World' By Lisa Stansfield | Season 2 Ep. 5 | The Masked Singer UK
'Two lies and one truth' clues:
- Hair colour is certified by law.
- Someone once told her she looks like a pop star and sounds like a pop star.
- She owes her career to a horse.
So far, guesses for Sausage have included:
- Ella Henderson
- Billie Piper
- Maya Jama
- Stacey Solomon
- Louisa Johnson
- Seahorse - unmasked as Mel B in week 2
- Bush Baby - unmasked as John Thomson in week 5